Biggleswade 23rd feb 2013

chris p bacon

• RMweb Gold

As the new year starts the annual exhibition will soon be upon us.

come along it's a friendly show with some good layouts to see, 18 in all as well as society stands.

Link to website for more info  http://www.ebmrs.org.uk/index.htm

I'll be on the door extracating entry cash from you......but with a smile....

23rd February 2013   10:30am - 5:00pm  

Adults:        £5

Children:     £3

Seniors:      £4

Family(2+2): £13

(Kew Bridge 00)
Early 1900s Trams from Tramway & Light Railway Society

Aberdeen Kirkhill (00)
A Traction & Rolling Stock Depot set in late 1980s – DCC

Darley Green (00)
Branch line in 1950-1960s from the Famous Trains Charity

Winterschlaf RhB (0m)
1/45th scale Swiss metre-gauge on the Engadine line

Potterbourne (00)
Imaginary 1930s GWR Branch line set in the heart of Devon

Little Histon (00)
Layout based on Histon in Cambridgeshire and set in 1934

Billton Goods (3mm)
Typical LNWR/LMS goods depot from the 1950s

Gestup St Anne (0/16.5)
A layout based on village in Essex some 5 miles from Sudbury

Holbeach Estates Rly (009)
A Lincolnshire Potato Railway set between 1920 & 1950

Horseley Fields (N)
An imaginary Station & Steel Works in the Black Country

Harbourne (00)
Fictitious truncated Western Region branch line set around 1970

Llangenydd (00)
Small fictitious village GWR station on Lleyn Peninsula – DCC

Appleton Dene (0/16.5)
1930s Narrow Gauge station, factory & builders yard

Mill Falls (H0)
1950s Late steam/early diesel American hill-town near Route 1

Yard Shunter (00)
BR Southern Goods Yard in Devon around mid 1950s – DCC

Mulldale (7mm) (tbc)
An industrial layout featuring O-14 (2’ gauge) & O-9 (15” gauge)

River Shannon Depot (00) (tbc)
Irish Railways Servicing Depot

Tyttenhanger Lane (3mm) (tbc)
Diesels on Great Northern metals

Traders and Societies

Ian Shave

Modellers Mate Nine Elms Models Geoff Gamble Books (rail-books.co.uk) Rural Railways Model Roads & Tramways Derby Trees & Scenics Leighton Buzzard Railway Society Sandy Transport Society Friends of National Railway Museum Videolines Railway DVDs AGL Associates 'Loads of Loads' EBMRS Second Hand Stall GNR Society

Stratton Upper School
Eagle Farm Road
Biggleswade
SG18 8JB

Facilities

Light refreshments are available all day  

Disabled:
All Layouts in the Main Hall and Trade Stands accessible to wheelchairs.
No wheelchair access to those layouts on the stage.

Parking:
The Gauge 3 Society is holding their annual AGM in the adjacent building on the same day this year, therefore car parking may be limited - Please consider car share if you can.

On Foot:
15 minutes from Biggleswade Railway Station

• RMweb Premium

Good to see that Derby is well represented with Glenn and Graham with Aberdeen Kirkhill, the Famous Trains charity layout Darley Green, Jackie with Derby Trees and Peter Stanton back to his old club to help with second hand sales. Another connection I have is with Bob Simmonds who's there with his Swiss NG layout - we first worked together on the Black Horse 40 years ago !!

Hope you have a great show

Mike

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My apologies to all but 'Winterschlaf' has had to be withdrawn.  Gill and I are both suffering with a virus infection which isn't going away after five days.

I have apologised to Dick Sulch, Exhibition Manager.

One of these years, we are going to be healthy in this household :cry:

• RMweb Gold

Roll up, roll up today chaps..

Aberdeen Kirkhill is already set up and looks fantastic.

Good wishes to Bob (RhBBob above) there is already an alternative in place and being set up this morning, and our exhibition manager wonders why we wont let him pass the job on.............

What an excellent show! Well done to all involved. I'd have liked to see a large 4mm tail-chaser, but difficult in the space available.  I enjoyed all of the layouts there which is not something I can often say. Spent a fortune too.

Ed

Many thanks again to the EBMRS for our invite this year.

The show was very well organised with a good selection of layouts and trade stands. Whilst there seemed to be quite a large number of visitors the exhibition still managed to keep a relaxed air to it and all of us on Kirkhill thoroughly enjoyed our time both last night and today.

Good luck to the club in the future and I would recommend this exhibition to any layout/exhibitor.

• RMweb Gold

Hello all,

Despite a few electrical gremlins early in the day, the team operating Horseley Fields (including new group member Paul) had a fun day.

Our lighting pelmet made its debut and as far as the operators are concerned was a success - thanks to Ian (Roundhouse - Banbury layout) for the inspiration and design!  I will try to post a couple of photos on our thread.

Thanks too to the Biggleswade show team for organising such an enjoyable and, as others have said, relaxed show.

cheers

Ben A.

• RMweb Gold

On behalf of the club I just want to say Thank you to the Exhibitors and those that attended for making it a successful day. There is a lot of work put in by a small group over the preceeding 12 months to make the show happen, and yet again they have delivered "A Good Un"

The response we had from those attending was extremely positive, with the mix of layouts providing something for everyone. For me personally it was Aberdeen Kirkhill, even during the set up on the Friday there was much to see without the stock on it.

EBMRS is an easy going club, but there is no truth in the rumour that the show just happens to be the filler between a Friday pub lunch, Fish and Chip supper and a post show curry !!  anyone is welcome to come along, just see the website for the details, we do occasionally carry out some modelling as well !

Archived