garsdale station buildings

chester

• RMweb Gold

Chester,

Please let me know how you get on with this request - I have been looking for these for quite a while without success. 

Furthermore, the current buildings on the island platform are different to the original ones and appear to have been adapted when the canopy was removed.  :-(

Good luck with your quest.

Steve

Chester,

Please let me know how you get on with this request - I have been looking for these for quite a while without success. 

Furthermore, the current buildings on the island platform are different to the original ones and appear to have been adapted when the canopy was removed.  :-(

Good luck with your quest.

Steve

Hi steve, I think the main building is original but the toilet block seems too short even if the building was rebuilt with different windows. I've got some photos showing the canopy but the building is obscured by a loco or the angle is wrong to see anything. Give me a call on chestermachniewski@gmail.com and we can hook up. regards,

chester 

Hi Chester,

I will have a look through my S&C book collection, I am modelling Dent at the moment so can't recall seeing any Garsdale drawings but then again I was not looking for that at the time. Meantime, why not post the same request on the S&C forum assuming you have not already done so.

Cheers

Mike

There are two books with drawings of the three different sizes of station and other buildings used on the S&C (mods not withstanding):

"Rails in the Fells" by David Jenkinson published by Peco in 1973, SBN 900586 42 7.

"Stations and Structures of the Settle and Carlisle Railway" by V.R.Anderson and G.K.Fox - OPC 1986, ISBN 0-86093-360-1.

Have you tried ?

http://cumbrianrailways.zenfolio.com/?q=Garsdale (some good pics online)

and

www.cumbriaimagebank.org.uk

the latter has a "quirky" search engine search for Garsdale not Garsdale station has a layout plan on line hard copies can be got from carlisle library.

Also have you tried National Archive this does have some photos.

Hope this helps

Bob Hughes

Archived