West Coast Railway Company ECS catches fire near Salford Crescent

Don't forget that the curve didn't exist until the the chord was put in towards the new Salford Cresent station and a scrapyard existed on the downside, pretty sure there's several photos on the net of diverted WC services from the era. Drove over this site for nearly 2 decades and there never was a checkrail. 

• 5 years later...
  • RMweb Premium
11 hours ago, woodenhead said:

Not surprising really, they have plenty to choose from and now they have a couple of what appear to be excellent condition cabs.

That's because it was painted so many times at OC as a Royal loco in both blue and GWR green, it was wider than any other 47.....

• Like 1
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold

I was talking to a WCRC driver awhile ago about 47500 and from what he told me, the damage was catastrophic, not just outside but internally as well.  When the insurers turned up, they just took one look and wrote the cheque but on the understanding that 47500 was scrapped.

Like I said, that’s what I was told and with insurers wrangling between themselves, no wonder it lasted so long before the gas axe appeared.

• RMweb Premium
On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 23:11, G-BOAF said:

4Seems like 47500 has been scrapped, based on these pictures of the cabs alone from October 2019

47492_Carnforth_201019

I guess that 47355 on the left, and the RfD cab is from 47236, but does anyone know what that plain grey 47 is? 492/526? I've lost track of what's still sort of intact at Carnforth.

Edited by brushman47544

• RMweb Premium
15 minutes ago, brushman47544 said:

I guess that 47355 on the left, and the RfD cab is from 47236, but does anyone know what that plain grey 47 is? 492/526? I've lost track of what's still sort of intact at Carnforth.

Following the flickr link as per photo - it lists it as 47492

• Thanks 1