Dapol N Gauge Schools Class

DapolDave

There were two engineering examples in grey plastic in Dapol's display case at TINGS today. Looked very nice.

Gareth

Not only that Gareth, but at least one of them was a running example. Very nice and was hauling five coaches when I saw it... However, it was eclipsed by the fully liveried valanced A4 that was trundling around a bit later! :P

post-943-0-99786800-1442150132_thumb.jpg

Edited by Atso
  • Like 2

Two pics of the schools.

The one in the display case.

post-13358-0-59110600-1442171741_thumb.jpg

the other one was running very smoothly back and forth on the Sheaf Valley Railway layout.

post-13358-0-57283400-1442171743_thumb.jpg

I can't justify one on Hawthorn Dene, but 30925 DID haul a special through Croft Spa.  Given the due date is 2nd Quarter 2016 I'll be able to test the new layout with it in Spring 2017.

Les

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Now that looks lovely. I suspect I will need to modify a Tonbridge to represent Cheltenham in its preserved form though since Dapol haven't been specific in the exact scheme details as far as I'm aware. 

Tom. 

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

A couple of photos of the one painted sample on display. For me it does capture the look of these engines well, although I think the Dapol lining on this livery is a tad on the bright side. 

post-1467-0-86933100-1448744171_thumb.jpg

post-1467-0-67876700-1448744187_thumb.jpg

Tom. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Cheers for that! I like the livery, southern number on br black. ?

Apart from the spurious livery\ number combination the tender lining is wrong in following the tender shaper rather then being an oblong panel and the rear panel is incorrectly lined out - should of course be plain.

Apart from the spurious livery\ number combination the tender lining is wrong in following the tender shaper rather then being an oblong panel and the rear panel is incorrectly lined out - should of course be plain.

Most of the examples I have seen had a rectangular lining panel on the tender but not all.

Schools.jpg

• 1 month later...

The Dapol BR/SR Schools class 4-4-0 is due for launch in Jan/Feb according to their latest advert (NGSJ1/16) so should be hitting the shops very soon.

Has anyone got confirmation or further details?

G.

• 2 weeks later...

Dapol have a full page advert in the latest copy of the N Gauge Journal (1/16) advertising that 4 versions (BR Black late crest, Malachite lined green, BR black small early crest and Manusal Green) of the Schools class will be released during January / February.

So I would say they are just about to leave the factory or might even be on the boat.

Regards,

Gordon_D

Dapol have a full page advert in the latest copy of the N Gauge Journal (1/16) advertising that 4 versions (BR Black late crest, Malachite lined green, BR black small early crest and Manusal Green) of the Schools class will be released during January / February.

So I would say they are just about to leave the factory or might even be on the boat.

Regards,

Gordon_D

Looking at the ad the late crest one is BR Green Repton.

All the very best

Les