Cardiff Canton, The second coming

steve fay

• 1 month later...

Canton Will be appearing at the Wycrail show November the 1st.

I will be there so please come along and say hello, With my filthy Brit, how many times do you think I will hear, they were never that dirty at Canton, so I will have the pictures tucked in my pocket!!

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
Guest Isambarduk

Is it just me or has the 'manipulation' of the photograph made this superb model look more like a model than it really is - ie when you actually see it?  Or perhaps it's supposed to look like a painting?  David

Edited by Isambarduk

Is it just me or has the 'manipulation' of the photograph made this superb model look more like a model than it really is - ie when you actually see it?  Or perhaps it's supposed to look like a painting?  David

I was thinking it looked like a Hornby catalogue cover. Yet we all know how good the models really are.

For me the HDR effect adds to this already stunning photograph. It works well and I'm looking forward to seeing more.

I must admit to being a bit biased towards the layout as I saw it often at Steve's home so already a big fan of it.

I have the full set of pictures that Chris took and for me the black and white ones are the most impressive.

I'm just happy that my little project is being featured in a modelling magazine. This is there 200 edition and they kept it back specially for this issue, Cardiff Canton & the Lickey incline in one Mag, should be good.

• Like 2

I have the full set of pictures that Chris took and for me the black and white ones are the most impressive.

I'm just happy that my little project is being featured in a modelling magazine. This is there 200 edition and they kept it back specially for this issue, Cardiff Canton & the Lickey incline in one Mag, should be good.

Steve,

It is very satisfying to see one's work published in a magazine. My first article published in the November 1992 edition of the Railway Modeller and was about scratch-building a rustic garage based on a prototype in Welshpool. I wrote all of the text, drew all of the drawings and took all of the photos for the various articles published down the years with the exception of the studio photos of Abersoch Mk1 when it featured as Railway of the Month in the May 1995 edition of the Railway Modeller.

Regards,

Chris

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Steve,

I picked up a copy at Waterloo Station on the way home. The wet, black groundwork looks very convincing in the main pictures on pages 34 and 38 and I'm rather pleased to think that we are now providing a good home for 46443. By the way, you didn't actually explain what you were doing with your daughters' talcum powder; I think we should be told.

Regards,

Chris

• Like 1

I'm sure I did a step by step earlier in the thread but I could always do it again if any one wants to see it

Steve, I'm sure that if you did a step by step with some of these photos no one would object.

See you Sat.

OzzyO.

Thank you, Chris sent me the full compliment of pictures and the black and white versions are my favourite the greens do look a little different in the prints that I've had done compared to the mag so whether that's down to the paper or printing method I'm not sure.

Canton will be at Wycrail in November and I think that will be the last time you will see it for quite some time. The new owner has a lot of commitments

post-5983-0-43978500-1409898547.jpgpost-5983-0-03585700-1409898564.jpg

Edited by steve fay
  • Like 6