'Phoenix' range

farren

Dear Mallard

I hope you enjoy your cake! :sarcastichand:

Well to all those interested, SRG is very much alive and kicking.  I've just got my membership pack and I've yet to read it but it seams that the Phoenix range is still very much with us.

If you join (£12) you will get a 10% discount on all your orders from Phoenix.

Get joining!

Cheers

Tim

attachicon.gifSRG Membership Card.jpg

A good friend has been a member of the SRC for many years and he has been unable to buy any Phoenix GWR kits for me.

Mike Wiltshire

• RMweb Premium

Yes, but you need to get your order in first.

.....and what if there's nothing to order?

A good friend has been a member of the SRC for many years and he has been unable to buy any Phoenix GWR kits for me.

Mike Wiltshire

I have just sent an email to SRG sales to confirm the availability of all Phoenix kits, not just the Southern range (although I've no idea why anyone would wish to model any other company :dontknow: ).

I'll post when I get a reply.

Cheers

Tim

The link works for me. It's the same page that's been there from 2010.

Just clicked on it, and got the following:

The page cannot be displayed Explanation: The Web server connection was closed.

Try the following:

• Refresh page: Search for the page again by clicking the Refresh button. The timeout may have occurred due to Internet congestion.
  • Check spelling: Check that you typed the Web page address correctly. The address may have been mistyped.
  • Access from a link: If there is a link to the page you are looking for, try accessing the page from that link.
  • Contact website: You may want to contact the website administrator to make sure the Web page still exists. You can do this by using the e-mail address or phone number listed on the website home page.

Technical Information (for support personnel)

• Error Code 64: Host not available
  • Background: The connection to the Web server was lost

I whole-heartedly concur with all the above comments concerning the "non-availability" of Phoenix kits from the Southern Railways Group Sales Officer, Mr Chris Knowles Thomas.  I AM a paid-up member of the SRG and have been trying to purchase acomplete 6-Pul kit from him for nearly three years now.  I have sent a completed order form with credit card details three times with no response whatsoever and had a face to face conversation with him at the Southampton show in January when he assured me that the kits would be available very soon - I even agreed to scribe the door recesses myself if he would supply the side but still no response to further emails fro me confirming my interest. This is no way to promote sales of these kits nor to maintain membership of the Society. I have been most disappointed with the service - such a contrast to other kit manufacturers such as Comet who seem to be enthusiastic about building up their customer base. I have practically given up on acquiring the kits but would be most interested to hear of anyone who has had more success than me!  

AFAIK, Mr. Chris Knowles-Thomas is a member of the Yahoo Group SRLHCS. http://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/SRLHCS/info

Although, to (possibly) contact* him, it needs one to register with Yahoo, and join the group.

*It might work.

P.S. Edit

I also believe Chris Knowles-Thomas is a team member / copiler of the MREmag & RMweb annual Wishlist Poll.

well, all I can think to do is post a comment / question on e-SRG

Cheers

Gutted of 71G :bad:

SRG = Sales Repression Group?

There still look to be a fair number of GWR Coach Diagrams not covered by Comet, which is a pity, as I can't see this particular Phoenix rising from the ashes anytime soon.

As an aside, do you think that one could actually make a living out of selling the Phoenix range of kits? 

Most unlikely. Very few of the "smaller suppliers" make a living from what they do, most are part time/hobby/retirement businesses.

well, all I can think to do is post a comment / question on e-SRG

Cheers

Gutted of 71G :bad:

Without stating the obvious, have you tried contacting Chris Knowles-Thomas through this forum, via PM ?. He is a member.

.... get your orders in! ....

He'll be overwhelmed, then.

Similar thing happened to Ultrascale wheels a year or so ago, when they'd managed to whittle their waiting time down to about 10 weeks. As soon as everyone heard about it, it wasn't long before it went back up to 6 months.

That's the Curse Of The One-Man Band.

• RMweb Premium

He'll be overwhelmed, then.

Similar thing happened to Ultrascale wheels a year or so ago, when they'd managed to whittle their waiting time down to about 10 weeks. As soon as everyone heard about it, it wasn't long before it went back up to 6 months.

That's the Curse Of The One-Man Band.

Have to agree, it must be almost impossible to keep up with demand for smaller suppliers, yet not enough turnover to make a living from it all (even if you wanted to).

Cheers

Archived