Pixash Lane - now owned by Bentley Model Railway Group

Gilbert

• RMweb Premium

Great to see Pixash Lane again today at Chippenham, I always think it would be great scaled up into 7mm....

Anyway here are a couple of snaps.

post-7686-0-97189000-1411834633_thumb.jpg

post-7686-0-42517600-1411834647_thumb.jpg

Edited by TimC
  • Like 10

• RMweb Gold

For anyone wondering about the small wooden blocks scattered around the board - when the layout is in transit I use those to support a specially shaped bit of board which gives me a large space for control boxes, tools etc between the two 4 ft sections

• Informative/Useful 1

Hi Gilbert, I just had a quick scan though and its a very interesting little layout, lots of operating potential and some really great scenic touches.

Well done, and the more pics the better.

Edited by Andrew P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Our next show is at Bishops Cleeve - Cheltenham on 6 December - looking forward to playing trains and also seeing Abbotswood Junction

http://www.cheltmodrail.org.uk/preview.php?ExKey2=41

I'm just going to bump this as its a new show in a good cause and I know Mike Walker works very hard to get some really good layouts (....and mine)  there - and I think he's succeeded

Chris

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

What a lovely little layout. Best of luck with the Wantage show.

Thanks Captain - Wantage was a small but very high quality show put on by Alan Postlethwaite in a nice venue - we well looked after by the Scout Group who will benefit from the fund raising and the associated  Mums -  the flow of delivered coffee was endless, the cakes were excellent, as were the bacon rolls and burgers....I could go on...

Next stop Exmoor Rail in August....

Edited by Gilbert
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

What a smashing layout, Chris. Came to the thread courtesy of the Exmoor rail thread. Great modelling.

Rob.

Edited by nhy581

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Pixash Lane has made it into Railway Modeller - words have been played with a bit and not all the photos made it in but I'm pleased how it came across - the article also has a small plug for Exmoor Rail on 1 August

Chris

• Like 3

Pixash Lane has made it into Railway Modeller - words have been played with a bit and not all the photos made it in but I'm pleased how it came across - the article also has a small plug for Exmoor Rail on 1 August

Chris

Picked up my copy yesterday, really nice article Chris.

Hi Chris

Just picked up my copy of Railway Modeller and I am hooked to your layout!

This is just exactly what I was searching! Do you think it is possible for me to use some of your ideas to plan my own N gauge version?

Thank you.