Rescued 3.5" gauge Warship - ex-Belle Vue, Manchester

timmydunn

A few years ago I bought two quite crude but fun Mk1 coaches and a Warship Class 42. They're huge.  3.5" gauge, and a few feet long each.

I bought them because of their previous believed use at the Belle Vue theme park in Manchester, where they went round the simple model village circuit. They're in good structural condition but poor cosmetically. I'll restore them one day (with all the other model village based  'projects') but I wondered if any RMWebbers had seen it in use at Belle Vue, or even maybe had a photo of it there. We believe that it ran through the 1970s.

I'd appreciate any leads! 

Poor quality camera phone pics here:

1278682620_c7e7b725a3_z.jpg

1277813681_006c640eeb_z.jpg

Cheers!

There was certainly a model railway - we're just not sure where it was exactly in the model village or the dates of its existence. One note I found online suggested that there was even a separate "disused" or lifted model railway in the village to represent the Beeching cuts, which were then quite recent.

• RMweb Gold

The people at Belle Vue were quick when they wanted to be, in 1919 their grand firework display was titled "Mons 1914-1918". I'm not sure if somewhere like Alton Towers would do the something similar nowadays!

Archived