CCT (Re-tooled N Gauge)

HealeyMills

I have just managed to pick up a couple of the new CCTs from Dapol.  Very pleased with them too, but I wondered why nobody else has mentioned them here.... have I missed something? I did look through the Dapol section and couldn't see another thread. :scratchhead:

The crazy thing is that I only found these wonderful little gems by accident in my local shop (Arcadia) and having looked closely at them can't believe how detailed they are.

Having just looked through Dave's 'latest released' thread I see they were released on 8 Jan this year, to quote Dave:

"4 x different Decorations of CCT vans (please note these are with revised tooling so have close coupling, NEM pockets and flush glazing)"

Some piccies to follow I hope.

Cheers

Lee

Hi Pix,

I don't personally as the artwork was reduced from a OO version we made, and that is Kevin's domain.if you want to mail him directly at. Keving@Dapol.co.uk with that question I'm sure he'll have an answer for you.

I'd do it myself but I'm flitting about Monday / Tuesday and cannot guarantee an expedient answer.

Cheers

Dave

Probably because they were always so filthy as to be indistinguishable...

From memory, the lettering and arrows look identical to the old Dublo/Wrenn OO model that kickstarted Dapol into N some years ago - looks like the artwork got carried over to the retooled model.

Is there an S suffix on the number ? I can't make it out in the photos. Suffixes on NPCCS vehicles were abandoned around (very roughly) the time BR blue was introduced.

As you say, most NPCCS stock, and especially wooden bodied CCTs and PMVs were so indescribably filthy most of the time that seeing any markings was a challenge.

STEVE

From memory, the lettering and arrows look identical to the old Dublo/Wrenn OO model that kickstarted Dapol into N some years ago - looks like the artwork got carried over to the retooled model.

Is there an S suffix on the number ? I can't make it out in the photos. Suffixes on NPCCS vehicles were abandoned around (very roughly) the time BR blue was introduced.

As you say, most NPCCS stock, and especially wooden bodied CCTs and PMVs were so indescribably filthy most of the time that seeing any markings was a challenge.

STEVE

The Dapol website shows the Running Number as S2514S. I'm no expert on SR CCTs but i think that this number would have appeared on one of the plywood-bodied variants.

The Dapol website also shows a model in BR Red & BR Maroon. My understanding is that these never appeared in BR Maroon but I could be wrong. Both of these models have a running number in the M527xxx series which I believe would only apply to LMR wagons and they should be numbered in the Sxxxx series. It must be just as easy to print a correct running number on a model as it is an incorrect one.

David

Archived