Converting to EM and Handbuilt Track

I have just realised my mistake on the chairs for the slip road around the K-crossing. The image I posted yesterday shows a conventional single slip with the rail show to be outside of the K-crossing. The rail of the slip road that is inside of the K-crossing should look as below, ignoring the bottom rail:

post-15291-0-52219400-1407502073.jpg

I'm hoping that these chairs will fit, given that the rail is on a curve rather than straight as in the example in the diagram.

Michael

Michael

Firstly through this and my thread this week I have learnt to look at enlarged plans of the Exactoscale Chair positions plans, the Exactoscale plans themselves and of course the C&L outside slip has limited information as well

I think for the non-standard parts it may be a bit trial and error. Also as we are not using machined parts a slight difference may creep in and I have found that sometimes the centre parts of the block chairs may need a sliver removing. In short providing that the crossings are soldered up and in gauge most of the chair detail is cosmetic.

Pity we live so far apart as I have a bag of used sprue's with surplus chairs on which sometimes come in very handy. The end chairs actually hold the ends in the correct place and the outside & inside chairs keeps the centre part of the crossing moving.

I am itching to see the rails on the sleepers

• 2 weeks later...

I have nearly finished the second crossing assembly, although I have no photos just yet. I do however, have quite a cruel close up of the other assembly, showing most of the chairs in position, other than the bolted half chairs which will be added once everything is finished. The blocks for some of the crossing chairs are also yet to be added.

post-15291-0-13112200-1408310232_thumb.jpg

I think I will have to trim the crossing chairs by a very small amount (almost unnoticeable) to get the left hand rail of the inner vee to sit properly. 

Michael

Archived