roundhouse

The weekend after restrictions are due to end is the planned date for the Lymm Historic Transport Festival (https://www.lymmtransport.org.uk/).  Part of this event's regular offerings is a small model railway exhibition in the village hall.  Subject to any COVID restrictions that might still apply in the end of course, there will be probably about three or four layouts on show.  I'll be there giving Mike and Roundhouse a hand with Star Lane, which is coming up all the way from Sussex.  It's only a small show, but is just part of a massive event well worth a visit. 
Two tips; firstly, use the park and ride to get there (with lovely classic busses) do not try and drive into the village! 
Secondly, please purchase your entry wristband in advance as they're keen to minimise any queues.

• 4 weeks later...

Mike brought Star Lane to my Mums last weekend where we set it up under the car port. Its the first time that it has been set up in around two years so it was good to make sure it still works and to dust it down after Mike's house move. It was also to make sure that it would all be alright on the day in just over a weeks time at the Lymm Festival near Warrington but unfortunately it's now cancelled.

Anyway Mike is now happy to have tested it and also to run some new rolling stock.Mike's conversion of a 4CEP to a 4BEP has saved him a fortune on the new Bachmann one.

20210613_113049-picsay.jpg

20210613_123659-picsay.jpg

20210613_153615-picsay.jpg

20210613_154117-picsay.jpg

• Like 7

• 3 months later...
38 minutes ago, roundhouse said:

The layout is set up at the Warrington show.

Whilst we have tested the EMU's last night, this is the first item to run this morning.

20211016_085006.jpg

Is that a "Battle Space turbo Car"? I do hope that you have added DCC Sound and jet flame at the back ..................... just thinking about the sound, perhaps it's not necessary because .... in space no one can hear you scream!

Have a good show.

Ian

13 hours ago, Ian_H said:

Is that a "Battle Space turbo Car"? I do hope that you have added DCC Sound and jet flame at the back ..................... just thinking about the sound, perhaps it's not necessary because .... in space no one can hear you scream!

Have a good show.

Ian

Mikes layout isnt DCC so I doubt that he will add DCC to it but like the idea.

Had a good first day despite the usual gremlins running some new stock but it settled down nicely.

Tomorrow will be blue / blue grey and a few newer items. I hope to give my RHTT train a run. It has two GBRf class 73's