Godfrey Road Satlink coach?

pitbull1845

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone has some knowledge on the history behind the coach that was stabled in Godfrey Road (mid to late 90's?) for some time. It's the red and yellow one which I guess is or was Satlink.I've seen it in a lot of photos, sadly my own collection doesn't have a good shot of it, only this one.
post-6849-0-82567700-1360018771.jpg

I have looked at Flickr and a few other sites but haven't found a full decent shot if it, plenty of part shots though. I dont even know what type of coach it is but quite fancy attempting a model of it.

I would just like to know a bit more about it.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Scott

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has some knowledge on the history behind the coach that was stabled in Godfrey Road (mid to late 90's?) for some time. It's the red and yellow one which I guess is or was Satlink.I've seen it in a lot of photos, sadly my own collection doesn't have a good shot of it, only this one.

attachicon.gif newportcoach.jpg

I have looked at Flickr and a few other sites but haven't found a full decent shot if it, plenty of part shots though. I dont even know what type of coach it is but quite fancy attempting a model of it.

I would just like to know a bit more about it.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Scott

Judging by the roof vents...it might be a Mk2 BFK....

Later,

Stu from EGDL.

• RMweb Premium

Hi Scott,

There were a couple of similarly painted Mk2's at Preston until about 2 years ago. They were "training coaches", although what training went on there, I don't know. I'll try and find out more about them.

Cheers,

Mick

EDIT - isn't the internet brill?

The two vehicles at Preston were ex Mk2 BSO's, with internal user numbers 024909/025000.

The coach at Godfrey Road was a BFK, 977591 ex 14033, S&T staff and tool coach - apparently it's been at Dalton Transport Services yard in North Yorks since 2006.

Thanks Stadman, they are really useful images.  I found them a bit earlier, so much easier thanks to Mick's input. Was able to search under the  number rather than "red and yellow coach thingy at Newport...  It worked a treat. 

Cheers,

Scott

Archived