Saint class locomotive

JohnBS

• RMweb Gold

Don,

I am not sure and will check later. The drive shaft is a wire dumbbell which runs above the footplate and through the fire door so it isn't a factor.

I am sure that the loco and tender foot plates are at the correct height, as is the cab. The (very visible) fireman is resting on his shovel while standing on the fall plate (10 thou plasticard fixed to the tender) so he is a bit high because of that. Also, the loco is to 2mm/f scale while the Modelu figures are to 1:148 (N) so will scale a bit large.

Let's say that he is a tall fireman!

Best wishes,

John

Fair enough John it is probably a bit of both. I did check with these photos

http://www.thesaintproject.co.uk/Pages/AtlanticOption.html

Don

A lovely model John. One small point the crew seems to be standing a bit high is that due to the drive shaft?

Don

Don,

Thanks for the photos.

I have done a bit more checking and you are right. From the diagrams in Russell, the footplate should be 11.8mm above rail level and mine measures approximately 12.4mm. The cab side height is correct. The fireman measures as 11.9mm so he is a strapping lad of 5'11". I think that the fireman will have to wear out the soles of his boots a little and then be relocated in a less prominent position.

Best wishes

John

Don,

I am not sure and will check later. The drive shaft is a wire dumbbell which runs above the footplate and through the fire door so it isn't a factor.

I am sure that the loco and tender foot plates are at the correct height, as is the cab. The (very visible) fireman is resting on his shovel while standing on the fall plate (10 thou plasticard fixed to the tender) so he is a bit high because of that. Also, the loco is to 2mm/f scale while the Modelu figures are to 1:148 (N) so will scale a bit large.

Let's say that he is a tall fireman!

Best wishes,

John

Hi John,

Lovely work! I'd be happy to reprint these in 2mm scale FOC and I'll add the option for 2mm scale to the website.  

Alan

Hi John,

Lovely work! I'd be happy to reprint these in 2mm scale FOC and I'll add the option for 2mm scale to the website.  

Alan

Alan,

Thank you very much. As you know, the difference will be almost infinitesimal.

Best wishes,

John

Archived