Making use of Dapol LMS coach kits...

• 3 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Morning Larry,

Just this thread as in the process of detailing a 57ft brake and 60ft composite.

Have you done any more conversions of these Dapol coaches?  If so it would be good to see them.

Thanks,

Mark

I have a few corridor composites, bought to mess around with,  but I havent been able to face doing any coach work since my old friend John Fozard passed away. I have returned to my old job of painting & lining for a while.

So sorry to hear that news Larry. I'd not heard.

Condolences.

• RMweb Gold

I have a few corridor composites, bought to mess around with,  but I havent been able to face doing any coach work since my old friend John Fozard passed away. I have returned to my old job of painting & lining for a while.

Thankyou Larry for your reply.

I'm sorry to hear the news of your friend. 

I hope in time you can return to building coaches once more.

This thread has been of great help whilst modifying these two coaches using some Comet underframe castings/etches.  I'll post a few photos on my blog when they're done

All the best,

Mark

• RMweb Gold

Mark, hope my thread on a similar theme will also help. Link in signature. Sorry to hi-jack thread Larry. I too was sorry to hear of your friend's passing. (Following Greenfield with great interest.)

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Larry,

I know that the old MAJ kits had clear moulded sides, and I hear a rumour that ABS models has a shed full of them that he'd like to shift... Mind you the rest of the kits are somewhat poor by todays standards, but the clear sides may well have possibilties if mixed with cast ends.... The bogie mouldings from the later kits are quite good, but your have to have moulded footsteps on each bogie side.

Andy G

Archived