Lunester Lounge: CLOSED

Physicsman

• RMweb Premium

An interesting mixture. I was playing "Crime of the Century" a couple of days ago, then "Fool's Overture" from "Even in the Quietest Moments". Hadn't played either for years. In the early 90s I played loads of REM but it must be at least 10 years since Automatic for the People found its way into my CD player.

Mixing Led Zeppelin and Queensryche at the moment. I think my neighbours are puzzled how I can go from Abba or ABC to Shostakovich, then onto metal, all in the space of a couple of hours. Maybe I should try some Britney Spears ( :O  :no:  ONLY JOKING!)

Coal-fired.... Andy, it'll be Alan Sugar.... "you're fired" if you don't behave yourself!  :stinker:

Jeff

• RMweb Premium

Queensryche eh Jeff? I as listening to Silent Lucidity the other dy. great song but crap lyrics :D

Saying that, Led Zep weren't known for their amazing lyrics either but what a band.

Most recent song I have been listening to is Got Your Money by Ol' Dirty Ba$t@rd. Sofia was listening to it in the kitchen at top volume, I think she doesn't get the lyrics (her English is good but still.....) otherwise she wouldn't like it.

Were you never a Joy Division or New Order fan Jeff? Ceremony is probably one of my favourite songs of all time

• RMweb Premium

You may be wondering how I am posting when I am supposed to be away this weekend. Would you believe that it is because a headlamp went on my Golf and it is the World's most evil job to change. 30 minutes I was on the garage forecourt for trying to fix the f***er, 30 bloody minutes and I never managed it. I was shouting and swearing so much that people were visibly walking around me in a wide arc. As such, we sacked off going to Scotland and it is now beer o'clock.

Once again I'm missing out on half the conversation - I really think I need to get a musical education to go with my kettley one ;)  Tonight has been divine comedy, and I think a bit of meatloaf, but I'd stopped listening to the music by then, and was concentrating on the soldering instead!

Sorry to hear of your tribulations Jason, my car takes similar delight in blowing bulbs.  And if I fix them too easily, it then refuses to use the new one.  Hope you put your free weekend to good use!

Just spent an hour with a cup of tea at my side armchair trainspotting, my wife is on nights so I put my newly acquired Marsden rail Hellifield DVD on an took notes of all the loco numbers to add to my S&C loco list

Ian

• RMweb Premium

A little something in keeping with St David's Day

Spent last hour watching S4C: Cân i Gymru (Song for Wales) competition

The Winner:  Traditional 12 bar blues - Welsh style.

http://www.s4c.co.uk/canigymru/e_rhys-osian.shtml

Edit - don't forget to click on the sound track (orange circle).

Polly

I see it is Lunesters in the top 3 again with Jeff, Michael W and myself. I really should get out more :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:

Bodgit :no:

And again today, though his blinkin Bodgitship is on top again...

And I have been out much more today!

• RMweb Premium

Bl**dy hell!!!! I go and play in the bunker for a couple of hours and you all go crazy. Lucky for you that Bodgit is having an early night - he's at the Mansfield exhibition tomorrow.

Jason, I've been a Led Zep fan since 1970. One of my mates had an argument - well, he ended up being caned for being cheeky - with the Music teacher. Said music teacher put on an LP of Beethoven's Moonlight sonata....whence my mate, Paul Bispham chirped up "Have you got any Led Zeppelin, sir?". It was obvious that Mr Bond had never heard of anything beyond Mozart et al. Neither had I - so I ended up borrowing his LP and playing it on the crap old Dansette record player we had. Tracking weight 1000 grams!! My parents HATED the "noise". I'd never heard anything like it, as dad always had Perry Como playing (or Nat King Cole). Or mum had The sound of Music on.... 

New Order - I've got a copy of "Republic". Brother was at uni in Manchester in the 80s and used to play all that stuff along with the Manchester stuff, eg. Stone Roses.... Haven't played any for ages. That's the trouble with having too much music. A few years ago I got an iPod, filled it with over 2000 tracks and regularly played 50 of them!

Hope you have a good weekend. Beer o'clock!!?  :jester:  :jester:

Jeff

Michael

I believe that we've either been modelling, teaching (in Lord Lunesters case) or at exhibitions.

I have to say though, I didn't expect it to be this quiet, especialy in the lounge

Duncan

• RMweb Premium

I dunno, I go out walking for 8 hours, and expect to have plenty to read, and what do I find?  Nothing!  What have you all been up to?

It tends to be like this at the weekend. I suppose people have lives to lead beyond the cloisters of the Forum.

Anyway, I'll answer your question. What have I done today?

Answer 1: Nothing new - I feel wiped out and can't be bothered.

Answer 2: I've spent over an hour running locos around the 2 mainlines - mindless, but very satisfying.

I may go outside later this evening and think through the double slip wiring.

Jeff

EDIT: Yes, thanks Duncan - I spent nearly 3 hours going over some Physics topics with an A level student... after that I couldn't be ar**d!

Im a keen walker too, LDWA ! tho not up to the 100 milers.

Like astronomy from the Halley comet era.

Nice to see like minded people on here.

Im a keen walker too, LDWA ! tho not up to the 100 milers.

Like astronomy from the Halley comet era.

Nice to see like minded people on here.

Bl**dy hell!!!! I go and play in the bunker for a couple of hours and you all go crazy. Lucky for you that Bodgit is having an early night - he's at the Mansfield exhibition tomorrow.

Hope you have a good weekend. Beer o'clock!!?  :jester:  :jester:

Jeff

Correction Jeff, That would actally have been TODAY NOW as it was after Midnight, hhahheeee

Bodgits BACK :sungum: :sungum: :sungum: :sungum: :sungum: :sungum: :sungum:

• RMweb Premium

I am currently a lone man in a house full of drunken women. Some may think that is heaven but.......

Most of them re talking in Spanish, I am relegated to a stool in the corner and they have just announced that they ant to go to a Salsa dancing night. Help.

Archived