Lunester Lounge: CLOSED

Physicsman

If you had read the details of our house as provided by Your Move Estate Agents, a National Company, you would not have believed you eyes. My wife corrected no less that 5 spelling mistake and also the sentence, = This three bedroomed detatched house has four good sized bedrooms :no: hahahhaaa

Bodgit

I wonder how the 'bedroom tax' will affect railway modelling?  Could one claim that it is a 'railway room'?.  Will there be less or more spare bedroom layouts I wonder?

Tony

I wonder how the 'bedroom tax' will affect railway modelling?  Could one claim that it is a 'railway room'?.  Will there be less or more spare bedroom layouts I wonder?

Tony

Now there's a thought :scratchhead:  :scratchhead:

Duncan

The impact of the Bedroom Tax will not be seen until the Politbureau Gestapo local council valuation officers are given leave to force their way into private properties; these powers will presently only apply to rented properties from Housing Associations. I can see me downsizing in the same house so that I will have one bedroom, a sewing room for Madam Gruff, a railway room for me and an office instead of the 4 bedrooms we now have so our family can visit us comfortably. 

Do we go about this quietly or should the Grand Bodgitter lead a national campaign for more railway rooms? After all, he has the power to create a new one at the click of his fingers!

:scratchhead:

The impact of the Bedroom Tax will not be seen until the Politbureau Gestapo local council valuation officers are given leave to force their way into private properties; these powers will presently only apply to rented properties from Housing Associations. I can see me downsizing in the same house so that I will have one bedroom, a sewing room for Madam Gruff, a railway room for me and an office instead of the 4 bedrooms we now have so our family can visit us comfortably. 

Do we go about this quietly or should the Grand Bodgitter lead a national campaign for more railway rooms? After all, he has the power to create a new one at the click of his fingers!

:scratchhead:

I was thinking along similar lines except the sewing room. No other half and no fourth bedroom.

Duncan

• RMweb Gold

Andy's house details sounds like part of a Monty Python sketch.......

I suspect a lot of these houses will only have the lounge so put a dining table in the spare bedroom. Is there anything in the rules against an upsatirs dining room?  Actually I believe everyone should have a reasonable amount to live on and make the choices themselves. If you are content to live in a smaller house you would have more to spend on other things seems fair to me. Now there would be a dilemma smaller house more money to by trains but nowhere to run them. Bigger house possible train room but no money for trains.

Don

Speaking of spelling I blame a lot of it on Johnny Foreigner! During my recent trip to the wilderlands of Canada it was (quite) amusing when Joe kept asking why I used such 'archaic' (his word, not mine!) language. For example I spell colour C-O-L-O-U-R, not C-O-L-O-R like what he does, Oops! Which is the way he spells it! I mean to say! What chance do we grumpy old s#ds have if our own descendents can't get it right! I'm dreading the trip to Seattle. I'll probably have to hire a translator!

As for the Bedroom Tax! I live in a one bedroom apartment, the bedroom of which also contains my budding layout. Does that mean I'm exempt or will I qualify for a grant for running the rail franchise?

Stand up and be counted! Vote for Bodgit as your official spokesman against Silly Burghers and their unnecessary tax burdens!!!!!! (Cue sound effects: Brass band and bunting flapping in the breeze, cheering crowds as Andy is carried shoulder high through the streets of..........................Oops! They've fallen over!)

Bill

Bearing in mind that I live a lot further south than most of you and my weekend means that I'm going to be outside for most of it, I am prepared for the snow that's falling and settling.

There's about three inches here.

Please, whatever you are doing this weekend, stay safe and warm.

Duncan

Hi all

Quick question, what are the nearest preserved railways to Bognor Regis please?

Ian

Bluebell, watercress and Havenstreet spring to mind although the last would require you to embark on one of the most expensive ferry trips in the w

Rolf. (Apologies for lapsing into a Clarksonistic mode).

Thanks Rolf

Although as a railwayman I get free travel on the IOW ferry

Ian

I like my I-Pad as a portable device but I bl***y hate how it jumbles text to what it believes I want to express! Should have read "in the world", hence the reference to a Times motoring correspondent.

Yours faithfully, non-Rolf.

Gruff

• RMweb Gold

If you get free travel on the railways, you can go from Bognor to Portsmouth across on the fast cat to Ryde pier then take a tube train to Smallbrook  Jcn where it interchanges with the IOW steam railway. Mind you the tube trip to Shanklin and back is quite nice I find it very strange being in a tube across Brading marshes.

To be fair you can get to Alton for the Watercress. When the East Grinstead extension is open the Bluebell will be more accessible.

There are some other smaller ones like the Spa Valley near Tonbridge Wells.

Don

Speaking of spelling I blame a lot of it on Johnny Foreigner! During my recent trip to the wilderlands of Canada it was (quite) amusing when Joe kept asking why I used such 'archaic' (his word, not mine!) language. For example I spell colour C-O-L-O-U-R, not C-O-L-O-R like what he does, Oops! Which is the way he spells it! I mean to say! What chance do we grumpy old s#ds have if our own descendents can't get it right! I'm dreading the trip to Seattle. I'll probably have to hire a translator!

As for the Bedroom Tax! I live in a one bedroom apartment, the bedroom of which also contains my budding layout. Does that mean I'm exempt or will I qualify for a grant for running the rail franchise?

Stand up and be counted! Vote for Bodgit as your official spokesman against Silly Burghers and their unnecessary tax burdens!!!!!! (Cue sound effects: Brass band and bunting flapping in the breeze, cheering crowds as Andy is carried shoulder high through the streets of..........................Oops! They've fallen over!)

Bill

Mind my back Bill or I will SUE SEU SEAU OR WOTEVER, :no:  u no wot i mene :nono: :nono: :scared:

tIGDOB :O

If you get free travel on the railways, you can go from Bognor to Portsmouth across on the fast cat to Ryde pier then take a tube train to Smallbrook  Jcn where it interchanges with the IOW steam railway. Mind you the tube trip to Shanklin and back is quite nice I find it very strange being in a tube across Brading marshes.

To be fair you can get to Alton for the Watercress. When the East Grinstead extension is open the Bluebell will be more accessible.

There are some other smaller ones like the Spa Valley near Tonbridge Wells.

Don

Trip to IoW planned for late May and staying on the outskirts of Ryde, hope to include taking the brats my grandchildren to the IoW Steam Railway. Can't beat a bit of smut in your eye (as my mother used to warn me in the 1950's).

:boast:

• RMweb Premium

Trip to IoW planned for late May and staying on the outskirts of Ryde, hope to include taking the brats my grandchildren to the IoW Steam Railway. Can't beat a bit of smut in your eye (as my mother used to warn me in the 1950's).

:boast:

My eyes popped out when I read that - then I realised it was only in a steam railway context!

Have you all been snowed in, then? Not a flake has settled here - thankfully!

Jeff

Hi all

Just had a phone call from SWMBO who says we have to start saving for a trip to Helsinki, her cousin has just got himself engaged to a Finnish lass and my wife would like to go out for the wedding, the lucky old so and so is marrying a girl 25 years younger than him, what are Finnish trains like?

Ian

My eyes popped out when I read that - then I realised it was only in a steam railway context!

Jeff

Quiet a bit of snow in Northamptonshire, ground temp just above freezing so some settling and some melting. I fear it will be lethal tomorrow morning once the temperature falls a bit overnight.

:smoke: gets in your eyes. Its just just your imagination running wild!

Hi all

Just had a phone call from SWMBO who says we have to start saving for a trip to Helsinki, her cousin has just got himself engaged to a Finnish lass and my wife would like to go out for the wedding, the lucky old so and so is marrying a girl 25 years younger than him, what are Finnish trains like?

Ian

No first hand experience Ian but I may have to go there mid-April after I complete a job in South Korea. If it happens, I'll see if I can improve my knowledge and let you know.

Jeff

It's hardly stopped all day here. :O  :O

Duncan

• RMweb Premium

It's hardly stopped all day here. :O  :O

Duncan

I suspect Bodgit will have been snowed in, too. He's been very quiet since this morning. We will no doubt here from him later.

Of course, for those who travel to work, it'll have cleared a bit by Monday. Must admit I would have liked a good coating of snow - quite nice working in a snug bunker with all that lot outside! Yes, I'm weird!!

Jeff

I've been outside in it for most of the day. So, at the moment I'm doing a reasonable job of trying to thaw out :good:

The only problem is I'm back outside for most of tomorrow :O  :O

Duncan

Jeff

Hi Jeff we have had about 4 inches and it started to go and now its coming back again so back to 4 inches or so.

Catch up again later with more pics and poss ANOTHER VIDEO on Glenfinick.

Bodgiyt :superstition: :superstition: :spruceup: :spruceup: :tender:

Archived