Lunester Lounge: CLOSED

Physicsman

• RMweb Premium

Hi Jeff and all.

Hope all is well I've just caught up with what lounge is what. I have been busy getting sorted for the new arrival but I have managed to do some modeling. Most of my black 5's have had the smokebox mod done ( thanks to Jason and Tim for showing me there locos ) . Done some small bits on Bucks lane and now I'm at work making a golden arrow clan body fit on a new Hornby brit chassis. 

I was going to go to the gcr show but I'm now working (thats what I get for grabbing lol ) .

Mark   

Thanks Mark. I've lost track of who's having what baby. I half expect to look on here and find that Bodge is expecting again. Well, not him personally, but you know what I mean.

Don't mention those Black 5s - I'm trying to get Jason to forget that I've got any!

Jeff

Thanks Mark. I've lost track of who's having what baby. I half expect to look on here and find that Bodge is expecting again. Well, not him personally, but you know what I mean.

Don't mention those Black 5s - I'm trying to get Jason to forget that I've got any!

Jeff

You've obviously seen my latest Video and comments I made on it then. :O  :O :o  :O  

Hi Guys, Well I'm of to PLAY TRAINS tonight around at my mate John's along with Jeff, (Binney) from here. It will be a purely ANOLOG night so I will take a couple of bits that aren't chipped yet such as my Dapol 22 and Heljan 35 / Hymek and Class 33 all in Green.

I will do some pics and post on here later.

Here are the pictures I have been instructed to post for Andy.

The first was Tasha's favourite from the show which she took using Grandad's stolen borrowed phone.

The second is her new tanker, which can be (just) be seen behind the enormous hand :scared:. The 1F in the background appears to have arrived on a special goods... 

post-19433-0-52025600-1434211590_thumb.jpg

post-19433-0-29000800-1434211600.jpg

• RMweb Premium

Some progress shots; full update and better photos will go in the Mill thread, probably tomorrow but what you are seeing is the mill building with all the slates and ridge tiles on, the loading shed as a solid structure with painted windows and the updated water tank (more panels than before - it didn't look right but no, it wasn't too small !!)

A lot more has been done too....

post-9707-0-26713000-1434220715_thumb.jpg

post-9707-0-52294400-1434220744_thumb.jpg

post-9707-0-61190500-1434220765_thumb.jpg

Hi All, some pics as promised of my mate Johns, Torridge Junction Layout, UNDER CONSTRUCTION, it has to be one of the best running Layouts I know, its quiet, smooth and still DC controlled on Peco Foam, although that will be disguised once the scenic's are done.

post-9335-0-51143600-1434234126_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-10171200-1434234157_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-33211500-1434234189_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-90165500-1434234219_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-90118800-1434234249_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-69472600-1434234314_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-50356600-1434234352_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-97255900-1434234407_thumb.jpg

Andy,

Looks like a nice space to work in, does John have a thread on here? I would be very interested in the method he employs to make the foam look like ballast!thanks for showing us the inspirational work so far,

Kind regards,

Jock.

Hi guy's,

I'm sure I've mentioned it before, that I used to have a large layout called "Leigh Moor & Randale Summit" whose initials were an anagram of LM&SR.

Well,

I've found a few pictures of it that I posted a few years ago, hope I can share them here?

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/6024-Hornby-castle-arriving/?p=53601

It was an initial review of my Castle class loco but ignore that!

Ah, it was quite good fun running that layout, I'd love something that big again but I've given away my big shed that the layout lived in!!!

Cheers,

John.

Andy,

Looks like a nice space to work in, does John have a thread on here? I would be very interested in the method he employs to make the foam look like ballast!thanks for showing us the inspirational work so far,

Kind regards,

Jock.

Hi Jock, no Thread on here I'm afraid mate, he looks in occasionally but says there would be so many ideas that it would sway him in different directions to much. His old Torridge, (a BLT) was Railway of the Month in the 2013 Modeller. 

Hi guy's,

I'm sure I've mentioned it before, that I used to have a large layout called "Leigh Moor & Randale Summit" whose initials were an anagram of LM&SR.

Well,

I've found a few pictures of it that I posted a few years ago, hope I can share them here?

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/6024-Hornby-castle-arriving/?p=53601

Ah, it was quite good fun running that layout, I'd love something that big again but I've given away my big shed that the layout lived in!!!

Cheers,

John.

Cracking looking layout John, we need to see MORE PICS please.

• RMweb Premium

Hi Jock, no Thread on here I'm afraid mate, he looks in occasionally but says there would be so many ideas that it would sway him in different directions to much. His old Torridge, (a BLT) was Railway of the Month in the 2013 Modeller. 

We don't know anyone like that in our little group do we?

Hi Andy

I was thinking if you were to swap the oil terminal with the cement unloder and put the sausage factory over the other side............ :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:

Hi Andy

I was thinking if you were to swap the oil terminal with the cement unloder and put the sausage factory over the other side............ :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:

Found this the other day and thought it'd be helpful

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiTFNLjy8Uk  :jester:  :jester: :jester:  

Hi guy's,

Well,

Cheers,

John.

Morning John,

Looks like a superb layout indeed but the reference to the LM&SR confused me when I clicked on the link only to see a GWR loco (albeit a very nice model!). I loved the image of the multiple tracks on the bend. Thank you for sharing it with us and like Andy, I'd love to see more images and perhaps a track diagram if you kept one,

Kind regards,

Jock.

Hi gents,

Thanks for the likes! I do have more photos of this layout - somewhere! Unfortunately I went through a period a few years ago of 'eating' computers rapidly so they may be buried on an out of use machine.

The trackplan, I can do a sketch of in a while, promise!

Righto, now to do some detective work.

Btw Johns layout looks great, Andy and hope the missus is doing well, Clive!

Plus, great to see you back, Jock!

Cheers,

John.

• RMweb Premium

Hi Andy

I was only joking Bodge :O

Morning Gang, Nice to see the Pics of Jason and Chris's Mill building (well Jason's building) and the workmanship that's into the building of it, and also Dave, (Heeley Bridge) close of his thumb, hahhaha, the other pic looks interesting Dave, a nice natural shot, well done both.

My fingers usually have frame dirt with hints of sleeper grime and the occasional splodge of crimson lake, my "victims" usually have matching fingerprints, scuffs and fluff.

Fingernails are often black due to unfortunate encounters with the No2 computer / central heating / car / model fixing hammer.

I am now rummaging through my "bit & pieces" box, be afraid, be very afraid, something is going to may be built ...

• RMweb Gold

Not sure which Lunster thread this belongs in.

Walked down the road from the campsite with the dogs and spotted a station building and a bridge in a cottage garden. The owner arrived back so I cheekily asked if he was a railway enthusiast. It turns out there is a 7.25in gauge line. It had been built by a previous owner who had passed away and been a big factor in choosing to buy. The garden was not huge (big by today's example but fairly modest for a country cottage. The track run between two balloon loops stacked on top of the other with a big curve to join then. He is building a Bagnal NG loco about 1/3 full size. Now driving that will be fun. I could be tempted!

Don

Not sure which Lunster thread this belongs in.

Walked down the road from the campsite with the dogs and spotted a station building and a bridge in a cottage garden. The owner arrived back so I cheekily asked if he was a railway enthusiast. It turns out there is a 7.25in gauge line. It had been built by a previous owner who had passed away and been a big factor in choosing to buy. The garden was not huge (big by today's example but fairly modest for a country cottage. The track run between two balloon loops stacked on top of the other with a big curve to join then. He is building a Bagnal NG loco about 1/3 full size. Now driving that will be fun. I could be tempted!

Don

Now that sounds like more fun than mowing the Lawn or weeding Don. So when's yours arriving?

Archived