Lunester Lounge: CLOSED

Physicsman

• RMweb Premium

Have you seen the photos I take Duncan? :D

I might wear my RMWeb Members Badge if I remember / can find it. I imagine I will be somewhere around the BCB layout at some point, and will be wearing a black Troy Lee Designs baseball cab (TLD logo on the front)

• RMweb Premium

Yes Jonathan, the site was down for a while from Ingleby also.... maybe for an hour. All other internet connections were ok, so I don't know what happened. Having said that, the Forum is getting really slow again - not quite to the bad-old-days of last year with those damned SQLs.

Sorry folks, can't make Doncaster. Shame - I'm looking forward to meeting Jason to see if he REALLY resembles his avatar!!

Jeff

:locomotive: Hi Jeff, I bet Jason does resemble his Avatar, :O  do you resemble your OLD ONE :locomotive:  :locomotive: ???????hahhahaahehehehheheeee.

I look YOUNGER IN THE FLESH :nono:  :nono: :nono:  :nono:  :nono:  

Back to the Music, has anyone mentioned The Doors, or Supertramp?

I want Light My Fire at my funeral followed by FIRE by Arthur Brown, I saw him live at Portsmouth when I was a kid.

Just got back from my Physio and took a look at the Garden :O YEA it is still there so I think I will leave it alone again, NATRALY hehehe

Old Lune :sungum:

• RMweb Premium

Andy, funny you should mention Supertramp. I've got "Crime of the Century" in there at the moment. The last few days have seen a mix of that, "Even in the Quietest Moments" by them, along with ABC's "The Lexicon of Love" and various CDs by Asia. A bit of a mix.

If you've not looked on KL you'll have missed the great debate about the station setting. Please have your say...

Jeff

• RMweb Gold

I think I will leave it alone again, NATRALY hehehe

Old Lune

I see you like Gilbert O'Sullivan as well Andy.

Wonder what happen to him? And I have remembered who Wogan followed in the late 70s it was Ray Moore. It was great to wake up to him on the radio alarm.

I remember back in the early 70s when my Dad had his posting in Germany that we used to listen to a lot of the groups mentioned on here as they appeared on German and Dutch TV doing their European concerts. When he got posted back to the UK I eagerly tuned in to Top of the Pops when we got the TV set up, it was a shock to see a young Donny O in misty soft focus singing about loving Puppies!!! :O . I remember thinking 'What th.....'. It wasn't long before I found Radio Caroline and whispering Bob Harris on the Old Grey Whistle Test. Ahh those were the days :).

Jim 

Ok, this is me...

Music: Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers, Guns 'N' Roses, The Eagles, Voice of the Beehive, Aerosmith, Del Amitri, Chris Rea (have to like him, he's a local lad!)! Gun, Berlin ( Take my breath away is probably the worst track on the album!), Heart, Blink 182, Coldplay, Queen, Dire Straits, Bonnie Raitt, Fleetwood Mac, Blondie, Toto, Alan Parsons Project, Texas, Beethoven, Mozart, and their mates...

A really eclectic selection, the only stuff I don't like is rap!

As far as gardening goes, SWMBO can have a lawn when they invent green concrete!

Outside of model railways I tend to rotate around my other hobbies, I'm into model engineering, (currently building a narrow guage 0-4-2 loco in 5 inch gauge. I also drive for a friend who builds, but isn't keen on driving his 5 inch gauge Brittania, 7 1/4 0-4-0 and has a 5 inch gauge V3 that should leave the works in the summer. I am also into general model making, currently going through an phase of bulding 1/24 scale rally cars. And on a sunday afternoon you can see me sweating buckets and wearing my brown trousers trying to master radio controlled helicopters!

Al

• RMweb Premium

Ok, this is me... Music: Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers, Guns 'N' Roses, The Eagles, Voice of the Beehive, Aerosmith, Del Amitri, Chris Rea (have to like him, he's a local lad!)! Gun, Berlin ( Take my breath away is probably the worst track on the album!), Heart, Blink 182, Coldplay, Queen, Dire Straits, Bonnie Raitt, Fleetwood Mac, Blondie, Toto, Alan Parsons Project, Texas, Beethoven, Mozart, and their mates... A really eclectic selection, the only stuff I don't like is rap! As far as gardening goes, SWMBO can have a lawn when they invent green concrete! Outside of model railways I tend to rotate around my other hobbies, I'm into model engineering, (currently building a narrow guage 0-4-2 loco in 5 inch gauge. I also drive for a friend who builds, but isn't keen on driving his 5 inch gauge Brittania, 7 1/4 0-4-0 and has a 5 inch gauge V3 that should leave the works in the summer. I am also into general model making, currently going through an phase of bulding 1/24 scale rally cars. And on a sunday afternoon you can see me sweating buckets and wearing my brown trousers trying to master radio controlled helicopters! Al

Having read that lot, some of you may now understand why I use Al to bounce ideas off. Problem is - he sends back FAR more ideas than I give and he's cost me a fortune!!

Alan Parsons and Heart - yep, got plenty of them. Very good.

Btw, I'll be ringing Jayn tonight to let her know you've ok'd the lawn...

Jeff

Are any of the Lunesters going to Doncaster tomorrow? All being well, I'll be there from about 10pm onwards and look quite a lot like my avatar, frighteningly enough.

I will be there with Mags & I know Jim (Aberdare) will be going, cant really say that I look like by avetar although others may say I look like the back end of a shunter (rather unfairly I think).

We obviously need some Lunester badges making up for these away days

• RMweb Premium

I will be there with Mags & I know Jim (Aberdare) will be going, cant really say that I look like by avetar although others may say I look like the back end of a shunter (rather unfairly I think).

We obviously need some Lunester badges making up for these away days

Well billy, it serves you right! Your old avatar showed you as an imperious-looking, bearded wonder. Your new avatar shows you as.... well, the front end of a shunter (is that better than the back?)!!

Gilbert O'Sullivan. I remember him from the early 70s. Used to go round wearing his flat cap singing about those Cadbury toffees with the chocolate in the middle...  :jester:

Sorry I can't help you Al - now I'm retired I can't afford gizmos like iPads!!

I'm in a very good mood. I've done a bit of hillside work on Lune Fell, but not much else. But the discussion on the scenics around KL were tremendous and have really clarified my thoughts. Now you'll have to wait 'til I start building before you tell me I've got it wrong!!

Oh, one final thing. You should pay special thanks to Al (Schubert). He's the one who coined the collective noun "Lunester".......... At one time it was all SO simple on here!

Jeff

No problem Billy

I knew it was on here somewhere, it just took me a while to find it. I have now printed a badge for myself so it will make it easier to spot me.

It's just a pity I binned those plastic badge holders I had from when I attended Plastics shows, I knew they would have come in handy one day. Oh well, a bit of paper pinned to my coat it is then.

Jim

Hi All

Just in case anyone is interested I had an email from Nigel Bird Books with details of a new Settle-Carlisle title.

29518.  Sharpe B: Settle & Carlisle Revival Mortons Media Group 2012 1st 131pp Ills. fully in colour,as the 25th anniversary of the saving of the S&C approaches in 2014 (thank you Mr. Portillo) this new book covers the line in great detail, with history, a look at the route station by station and how the line and it's stations have been restored, current freight operation, steam services and much more. If you a fan of the line (and who isn't?) this is well worth adding to your collection.Card covers NEW copy.  £6.99

Ian

No problem Billy

I knew it was on here somewhere, it just took me a while to find it. I have now printed a badge for myself so it will make it easier to spot me.

It's just a pity I binned those plastic badge holders I had from when I attended Plastics shows, I knew they would have come in handy one day. Oh well, a bit of paper pinned to my coat it is then.

Jim

Here we have it then a spot the Lune badge for Doncaster

post-16878-0-87785400-1360356138.jpg

• RMweb Premium

Hi All

Just in case anyone is interested I had an email from Nigel Bird Books with details of a new Settle-Carlisle title.

29518.  Sharpe B: Settle & Carlisle Revival Mortons Media Group 2012 1st 131pp Ills. fully in colour,as the 25th anniversary of the saving of the S&C approaches in 2014 (thank you Mr. Portillo) this new book covers the line in great detail, with history, a look at the route station by station and how the line and it's stations have been restored, current freight operation, steam services and much more. If you a fan of the line (and who isn't?) this is well worth adding to your collection.Card covers NEW copy.  £6.99

Ian

Ian, is this book actually available? An Amazon search revealed nothing - maybe it's a small print run from a small company, so Amazon wouldn't get hold of it.

Google search of Nigel Bird Books was very informative though!

Cheers,

Jeff

Ian, is this book actually available? An Amazon search revealed nothing - maybe it's a small print run from a small company, so Amazon wouldn't get hold of it.

Google search of Nigel Bird Books was very informative though!

Cheers,

Jeff

Hi Jeff

I was speaking to Nigel earlier today when ordering my copy and he said they actually arrived with him yesterday, drop him and email if you want nigelbird.books@virgin.net

Ian

Archived