Hi,

Thanks for looking.

I am definitely out of my depth here.

We were out walking along a very old path where a railway used to run and we found this funny looking but really heavy sign. After some research I have found out that it is a LSWR boundary marker. One site says it should be red and another shows a restored one in black and white. So first question what were its original colours. I have attached the research that I have done so far.

Secondly, if I want to sell it, how would I go about it?

Any advice will be gratefully received.

best wishes

Daisy

marker1.doc

marker2.doc

Welcome Greensquares.

Unfortunately I cannot help you.

Perhaps this question belongs best in the section: 'UK Prototype Questions' or 'Special Interests - Southern Railway Group'.

I searched this site for 'LSWR boundary marker' and they are mentioned here: Amazing What You Find When You Walk Disused Railway Lines which is in the 'UK Prototype Questions' area.

Red.

About 30 years ago I dug up a few, where they were not on railway property and sold them on for about £15 each. One was in the garden of a house backing onto Farncombe station near Godalming. Many ended up not being on railway land and if you ask nicely the land owner is often happy to have them taken away. There are plenty still around you just have to know where to look.

Hi,

Thanks for looking.

I am definitely out of my depth here.

We were out walking along a very old path where a railway used to run and we found this funny looking but really heavy sign. After some research I have found out that it is a LSWR boundary marker. One site says it should be red and another shows a restored one in black and white. So first question what were its original colours. I have attached the research that I have done so far.

Secondly, if I want to sell it, how would I go about it?

Any advice will be gratefully received.

best wishes

Daisy

eBay (collection only) or put it on the RMweb classified section

They're about half-way down the page.

UK Prototype Questions is listed under the heading Protoype.

Southern Railway Group is listed under the heading Special Interests.

Hi!

Sorry to be dumb but 'half way down' what?

best wishes

daisy

eBay (collection only) or put it on the RMweb classified section

If I sell it what should I ask for it.

best wishes

daisy

Greensquares, welcome to the forum.

I have moved this topic to the Prototype Questions section of the forum rather than it being a question in the new members section. Also there is no need to duplicate the same question in other sections of the forum. 

Archived