Pen y Bryn

phil.c

Here's a view that can only be seen with a camera, it was just placed on the mountain above the tunnel, set to AV, f22  and with focus set to three feet, it's a matter of trial and era what it turns out like.

From%20mountain_zpsr8dtrmzc.jpg

• Like 16

I've decided to leave scenic modeling for the moment and re-start a Malcolm Mitchell 00 brass etched 43xx Mogul that was started 15 years ago, it's 3/4 finished, this was made yesterday.

Phil

Inside%20Cab_zpslwz1zkv4.jpg

Inside%20cab%202_zpsbmk74uio.jpg

• Like 3

Looking through this topic the other day and at post #127 & #128, I thought, not comfortable with the look/colour of those cattle, then today, whilst doing Stewarding duties in a local art gallery (Penlee House) there were very similar coloured cattle in paintings by Fred Hall, circa 1890 - 1920.  

Checking them out on a Cattle I.D. chart*, I see they are probably Ayrshires (though perhaps Irish Moiled).

So my apologies to Phil.c for doubting the colouring......   

Makes a change from the ubiquitous Holstens, Friesians, etc.,  so often seen these days.
I was going to do Welsh Blacks, but being all black(ish) I couldn't get the sheen etc., etc., to make them look reasonable, so I went for Herefords. 

https://www.etsy.com/listing/215805682/a4-laminated-posters-breeds-of-cattle

Edited by Penlan
  • Like 1

You could have tried satin varnish on the Welsh Blacks or a light wipe over with something like Vaseline ...

I've tried that in the past, but it collected dust over a year or two... 

.. and the fact they were Welsh Blacks seemed to be to subtle for my friends in the Principality. :O

• 3 weeks later...