Possible new LT model from Bachmann

TravisM

Presumably it would be relativly easy to file the roof flat and then one's own, more delicate detail prior to painting?

I have an affinity to Sarah Siddons because my dad and uncles all worked at Acton Depot and she worked there as a shunter. When I was little I found her quite scary/spooky inside, gloomy and cramped. I used to think she was haunted   :scratchhead:  

• RMweb Gold

Must say, still not that impressed with the Radley Met Bo-Bo in comparison with Bachmann's Pannier Tanks.  Looks a little overscale in some places, coarse in others.  I hope Bachmann announce the S stock soon as it will put away a lot of speculation.

I seem to remember that there was a lot of hype about Bachmann doing the Blue Pullman which the constantly dismissed by them, then it was suddenly announced.  Could they be doing the same for other future LT models?

Julian

• 5 weeks later...

Evening All,

With the announcement of the Birdcage stock, there shouldn't be any difficulty with Chesham and Dreadnought stock.  I'd love to see these with an H2 too.  As people are saying, there's a demand for LU locos and stock especially Metroland.  Okay the tooling would be required, but I think the costs would be recouped, hence the chance with the Birdcage stock.

The Metropolitan 4-4-4, later H2 would be a great loco to produce RTR, it could be sold in liveries from Metropolitan, London Transport and the two LNER variations.  I would definitely have one.

I'm also building CDC models card kit of the Dreadnought stock and Bo-Bo, I'm putting them onto Hornby Dublo stanier chassis as they're almost the right length.  The difficult bit, is to shorten a Hornby R068 class 25 chassis from the centre to fit the Metrovick body.  I'm using the directional lighting circuit to feed grain of wheat bulbs for the front lamps.  The plastic body will make the windows.  I will overlay the bogie relief and pickup as the class 25 bogie is the correct length to the card kit.  Wish me luck  :scratchhead: I'll post photos of my efforts in another thread, if people are interested.  I am only a novice though !

I think an A60 rtr set would sell too.  In both original metallic and 1990's  refurb stock to the recent livery.  There seems to be something about the underground units and stock that fascinates people.

Have fun if you're going to Acton over the weekend.

Regards,

Andrew

We have a few surprises for Acton this weekend all on the spirit of LU 150!

XF

yeah, any excuse for a beattie well tank i see Mr Spate! ;)

i did rather like that district beyer peacock tank though!

Anyone not there today hopefully see you tomorrow, drop by and say hello on the 5 inch gauge stand

Mark

This is excellent news, the Dreadnoughts and H2 to follow ? pleeeeaase

Andrew

A well informed source confirmed to me today that Bachmann will be producing both S Stock and a Metropolitan Bo Bo Electric Loco.

XF

This is fantastic news. Fingers crossed- I'll certainly be buying one, though it means the onus is on me to really pull out all the stops on the Radleys Bo-Bo waiting its turn on the workbench!  I'm thinking maybe file down the panel beading a little, skim a mm or two off the underframes if possible and even maybe build a full cab interior (possibly including the engine room, considering I have a book somewhere with photos of the sectioned 'Wembley 1924', at Wembley in 1924). 

A well informed source confirmed to me today that Bachmann will be producing both S Stock and a Metropolitan Bo Bo Electric Loco.

XF

Well, that would be nice! And just when I'm finishing off a Radley Bo-Bo! Would I dare pose Bachmann and Radley versions side by side? I hope it all comes about.

Hi

I asked Bachmann

"I have read that Bachmann are going to produce a London Underground BO BO loco and a model of the latest S stock Is this true? If it is are the models for general sale or via the LT museum only Many thanks"

Just got this reply

Thank you for taking the time to contact us.

Unfortunately I have no knowledge of any of the mentioned items being under development by Bachmann Europe PLC.

I trust this information will be of interest to you,

Kind regards

Richard Proudman

Customer Support

Bachmann Europe PLC

No help from them then

Hi

I asked Bachmann

"I have read that Bachmann are going to produce a London Underground BO BO loco and a model of the latest S stock Is this true? If it is are the models for general sale or via the LT museum only Many thanks"

Just got this reply

Thank you for taking the time to contact us.

Unfortunately I have no knowledge of any of the mentioned items being under development by Bachmann Europe PLC.

I trust this information will be of interest to you,

Kind regards

Richard Proudman

Customer Support

Bachmann Europe PLC

No help from them then

My information has come from more than one reliable source! I think you will find that the Metropolitan Bo Bo Electric Loco will appear as a exclusive Sarah Siddons for the LT Museum at first.

The team at Bachmann will all tow the line and deny it as the is standard practice across many industries. Bachmann might even do an "Apple" an accidentally leave one in a train toilet prior to the official release! :jester:

XF

Was in the LTM shop a week or so ago and overheard two staff members talking about a forthcoming LU150 tube train set next month. But when I asked further I was told, with a smile 'can't possibly say', but did get a denial that it was Bachmann or Hornby, and a no-response on EFE! The plot thickens.

I'd certainly be up for Number 12!

I was going to get No12 for my layout. May hold off a while and see what happens!

You may not have a lot of choice. If I was Phil Radley, I would be very tempted to let my existing stocks of the Bo-Bo run out, at least for the time being. Otherwise he might find that he's got a stack of Bo-Bos that he can't sell. 

It is always possible that we're on a wild goose chase, and the 150 set is going to be a reboxed version of the Bachmann LT Pannier tank set, possibly with a different running number. After all Bachmann have announced that there will be a new version of the Midnight Metropolitan set for 2013.

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Was in the LTM shop a week or so ago and overheard two staff members talking about a forthcoming LU150 tube train set next month. But when I asked further I was told, with a smile 'can't possibly say', but did get a denial that it was Bachmann or Hornby, and a no-response on EFE! The plot thickens.

I'd certainly be up for Number 12!

The staff at the LTM are probably not aware of what the "special" set is, apart from the forthcoming EFE Piccadilly line 59 stock, due next month I think.  Due to sensitive commercial issues, none of the big players are going to be up front about it, especially if it is a commission for the museum.

I think what would be good is to do a poll within this group and see what the ideal "wish" list would be.

Julian Sprott

Archived