Farish 371-355 DBS & 371-356 RF Metals Class 60s - 6DCC?

richierich

• RMweb Premium

I've just noticed a certain well know Merseyside box shifter has 371-355 DBS livery and 371-356 RF Metals Class 60's in stock. Interestingly on the product label there described as "6DCC". Wonder if this means the PCB has been modified with a 6 pin decoder socket? 

Anyone care to confirm or deny? If they have introduced a 6 pin socket, it will be much more friendly than soldering a decoder.

The Bachmann website lists 60054 as solder, with 60011 and 60029 as 6 pin, so looks like an upgrade has been made on the two new releases. Decoration of te new pair looks top, too! DB red is a simple livery, but the application is what makes it, really does look fab

jo

• RMweb Gold

Thats good news.

Despite having had plenty of practise soldering them in it will be much easier especially when the decoder needs to be changed. 

Do you know if the chassis casting has changed aswell?

I have a 66 that was working Ok last weekend that now wont stop after getting it moving. I have checked all the pickups and motor contacts,  so the decoder is going to have to come out for a final test before replacing it.

The 6 pin plug makes this so much easier.

Ian,

Not sure if they have changed the PCB for the class 66's, Bachmann have not released any new versions of this loco yet.

I've only had a quick look, but from what I can see the chassis casting has not changed on the class 60.

I think I have some spare chips, so if it's alright by you, if I have time will chip them, and bring them along with me tomorrow, for a turn of 'duty' on Banbury.

BR

Gordon

• RMweb Gold

Gordon

Will be interesting to see if they do change the 66 as the boardis very similar if not the same. maybe we will be able to get spare 6 pin circui tboards in the near future.

By allmeans bring them.

I will have my test / progamming track so even if you dont gert chance before hand you can do so tomorrow.

Ian

Archived