St Neots Model Railway Club Show 2013

sharkman

I've not seen their show advertised on here correct me if I maybe wrong but I thought I would mention it.

It takes place on 9th/10th March at the Huntingdon Racecourse, my own layout Loch Dore will be appearing their and we look forward to meeting other members of the RMWeb comunity.

A preserved vintage bus will be running a complimentary service between the exhibition and Huntingdon railway station.

Their website is at http://www.stneotsmrc.com

Hi Stewart check their website exhibition section theirs a poster that displays a bus but they don't say what it is at moment.

A new one to me in this area then! Bristol L/ECW sd ex Thames Valley. Must be owned and kept by someone in the area, but I've never seen it around.

To be pedantic, it should really have been a United Counties example, or possibly Eastern Counties, and there are some kept within reach by preservationists. But a nice one anyway - at least it isn't just another Routemaster.

Stewart

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Well I'm surprised it wasn't put on here.

Today has been an excellent busy day, the venue in my opinion is great, but I'm sure others will have their own opinions.

Hopefully tomorrow will be just as good!

Cheers

Ian

Just got back from the show, and what a fantastic weekend we have had. Even though we had a small fire at the hotel on the Friday night.

The operating team of Outwell Village would like to thank all the organising team, stewards and catering staff  for making the weekend so enjoyable.with their help and freindly attitude to all who attended.

Also thanks to all who commented on the layout for their kind words, which is most appreciated.

• RMweb Gold

I can only echo Alan's comments.

Thanks to all those who organised the event and the stewards for making it run so smoothly.

Despite the cold and it being mothers day, it was still busy.

A big thank you from me to all the visitors who commented on the layout, I hope the kids all enjoyed being train driver.

Cheers

Ian

Archived