Millers Dale in the 80s - BR Peak Line in N

RBE

Kind words from the styrene master Al. Im not sure that its quite up there with ron heggs but I need to get it finished this side of the next century so no where near the level of accuracy as Rons stunning bridge work!

Here are some of the process pictures for building the arches.

post-6894-0-85158800-1389170054_thumb.jpg

Two profiles I beam and T

post-6894-0-51201600-1389170156_thumb.jpg

Glue T to top of I

post-6894-0-46618800-1389170372_thumb.jpg

Finished section

post-6894-0-37063200-1389170463_thumb.jpg

Cut H section to length using template and scalpel

post-6894-0-72259100-1389170579_thumb.jpg

Notch out the web of the H using tiny cuts with the scalpel blade until you end up with this

post-6894-0-25771800-1389170673_thumb.jpg

These notches slide over the top of the T thats glued to the main beams. Once all those are glued on (180 for the 15 arches) the curved beam is added, this also has a T on top to fix to the other end of the H. When all thats dry we can then add the 300 cross braces and we are done for this bit!

Cav

Cheers guys. A taste of whats to come! Yes Mickey that truck was a bit more like what I imagined Ian was talking about.

Very nice bridge indeed - I do like a bit of plastikard 'gingerbread'... That R reg lorry is considerably younger than early 1980's - I forget exactly when R was but more like late 90's. The earlier ones would definitely be more like it for Stanley. Still wondering whether one might be made in plastikard, but knowing the dimensions is a problem.

Looking forward to seeing more progress on the bridge.

Great explanation of your technique for the bridge, can you just run that past me again please? hahaha

Great stuff mate.

Been round to Big Bob's (Oversette Models)tonight for a chat and catch up and looking at the N Gauge he has done, its so good.

All the best

Andy :sungum:

Andy

Thanks Dave. I have really taken to N since the switch. The levels of detail on the modern stuff is superb. The main difference though is that the manufacturers are now getting the basic shape of stock right.

• Like 2

Little update on 682. Most colours on now. Just needs its horns touching in and a gloss coat ready for decals. Still not done the bogie mod yet or filed the buffers oval. Not looking bad though I dont think.

post-6894-0-24711700-1389387261_thumb.jpg

• Like 10

Thanks Dave. I have really taken to N since the switch. The levels of detail on the modern stuff is superb. The main difference though is that the manufacturers are now getting the basic shape of stock right.

Your right there Cav. I was a member of a club in the mid 90s and we had 3 exhibition N gauge layouts. Although some of the mechanisms were pretty darn good, things like the metcam 101 or even a 25 had some horrible features it just didn't sit right with me hence I never tried it myself, but the sstock now really is top notch.

Hi Cav, yes I keep looking at the 1980's and remember the 50's and 33's I saw in Devon and Hampshire, I'm planning something, hahha

Good luck and great pics, N Pics aren't as easy as some people think so well done for that as well.

All the best.

Andy :sungum:

• Like 1

Hi Cav

Haven't popped in this week due to being on lates at work and my you have been busy. The viaduct is absolutely stunning and 37682 is coming along nicely as well. Cant wait to see it paired up with 688 sat on that viaduct with a rake of wagons. Definitely a master piece in plasticard. Keep it up.

Regards

Marcus