Millers Dale in the 80s - BR Peak Line in N

RBE

Thanks chaps! At the risk of boring you with more unfinished pics, the balustrades are now going on! I have also started to mark out the skewed stone arches in 3mm plywood which I intend to glue and pin to 9mm plywood upstands with a 6mm deck for the track. I like to use as many thicknesses of ply as I can it seems! This will then be sealed with pva and then overclad in brick and stone plasticard. Ill post some pics of that as I go!

post-6894-0-20536000-1389790003_thumb.jpg

• Like 14

Cheers matey! youd better watch those balustrades when your cleaning my track! Haha.

Ha Ha ill try my best mate, i have little hands so i should be ok.

Are you using plasticard or papers like you did on Outon to do the stonework??

I am itching Alex. Dont think they do model railway cream though! Im pretty pleased with it so far. I can certainly see the first board cracking on very shortly! In order to get the stone plinth for the viaducts at the southeast end installed I need to address the signal that will be on there. As it will effectively be 200mm above the baseboard I need the signal in very early whilst building the stonework really. In that respect I have now received the following. These are very small and will be fun to build Im sure. The pivot and actuator holes are etched very small and I think will need opening out to take wire of some sort. Really dont want to open out the holes too much though as there aint much meat around them!

post-6894-0-41472700-1389811086_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

That bridge is superb. It's great to see it come together from the work in progress shots, so thank you!

Thanks Jonas, I havent forgotten your 37 bogies I just havent done them yet!!

• Like 1

Yes IMPRESSIVE OR WHAT? That is just the Dogs, along with All doing the internals of Bakewell and Jason doing every brick on Bacup I think its time for me to call it a day.hahah

It even sits square on the table, hahha so blinkin neat, I cant stop looking back up at it.

When will we see the boards coming together?

And :O

Edited by Andrew P

Kind words guys. Im working on the stone parts now in ply so once those are done and on the board Ill be able to lay a bit of track. Im estmating a couple of weeks before Im a that stage.

Looking forward to seeing what you can do with that signal.

Duncan

Im sure that it will test the old peepers but we like a challenge. Now do I go for moving balance weights and the like? Hmmm

Thanks Al as a local Im sure youve seen the real viaducts plenty of times. Its a compliment for you to say that they look right even without scenics!

Looking very good Cav,

I keep forgetting these are in 2mm as well, should look very nice with your Peak rolling over the top.

Will be watching to see how you go with the signal too, Llanbourne's signals are needing an upgrade.

Cheers Peter.

Edited by P.C.M

Yes I intend to have microcontrollers for the route setting and signalling. The signals and pointwork will be powered using servos through route setting I hope. Im not planning on working ground signals though yet as these are only 2.6mm diameter and Im not sure that their movement would be that noticable. I wouldnt be able to accept cosmetic main signals Im affraid!

• Like 2