thirty2a

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

ditched the middle (home made ) box file, the layout was just to big with it!

what color should the buffer be? red with white or white with red?!  everyone seems to do it differently..

the sentinel seems to have burnt out its Lima power bogie so, looks like the Lima 4F is going to have to make a bit of a sacrifice ...

Edited by thirty2a

Hi,just wondering if maybe a lima 00 gauge motor might fit? you might pick up some thing cheap 2nd hand somewhere.

atb

Phil.

22 minutes ago, 34006 said:

Hi,just wondering if maybe a lima 00 gauge motor might fit? you might pick up some thing cheap 2nd hand somewhere.

atb

Phil.

I have some but they are smaller, might be able to pinch the bushes though ...

• 1 month later...
22 minutes ago, JimRead said:

Hello 32a,

I read all your thread and the thing I liked first was the  'cheapskate' hooray I thought, same here!
I have made a 12ft wheelbase coach and I make cheapskate wagons from card (£10 each) if you would like the PDF about doing it that I authored please send me a message. Also includes drawing and pics of the coach.
May I ask where the warehouse building came from?
I do like the pipe on the bridge as well that's a good idea.
If you fancy making a proper shunting controller I have another PDF that assumes you know nothing about electronics, costs about £20 instead of £50, the components that is not the PDF :-)

Cheers Jim

Jim,

most of the rolling stock has been bargain basement or in need of attention stuff from exhibitions, they are the next job to be honest, some of them are OK and just need a bit of paint and some glue..

look forward to the PDF's ..

the warehouse  is a  Skytrex  item from Alley Palley  a few years back, will need to read my own thread to remember when exactly ! I'm still not 100% happy with the color but it will get there..

the pipe bridge is also still a work in progress, who said micro layouts are quick!

Tony

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...