Stafford Railway Circle 2010 Exhibition

Mark Forrest

• RMweb Premium

Stafford Railway Circle's annual exhibition takes place over the weekend of 6th & 7th February at The Stafford County Showground, Weston Road, Stafford, ST18 0BD.

A full list of the layouts and traders attending can be found at http://www.staffordrailwaycircle.org.uk/exhibition.php

The free bus service which operated last year (between Stafford railway station and the Showground)will be running again - details of times can be found at http://www.staffordrailwaycircle.org.uk/exhibitiontravel.php

Cheers

• RMweb Premium

last year it had been snowing on the run up to the show and the carpark was like a mudbath/swamp, there had stewards helping people push their cars out of the mud!!

Due to the snow, me and my layout (Bridport Town) never got there at all!

They have kindly fitted us in for this year instead though. Looks to be a great show.

Dave.T

• RMweb Premium

last year it had been snowing on the run up to the show and the carpark was like a mudbath/swamp, there had stewards helping people push their cars out of the mud!!

As ever, plans are in place to ensure that should anybody's car get stuck on the car park then they can be recovered quickly.

• RMweb Premium

With regards to the car park I have received the following information from our Exhibition Manager:

As you rightly comment last year weather (a big thaw on the Saturday after snow and frost) did cause problems on the Saturday some 25 plus cars rescued. Interesting once thawed on the Sunday we did not have to rescue anybody.

Unfortunately even with the wisdom of 15 years plus as the SRC exhibition manager I can not predict either what the weather will do or how visitors park their cars.

My understanding is that the showground owners have a ongoing program to increase the drainage so as the car parking areas drain better.

Action Points

1. SRC this year have agreed that the showground will have a suitable tow vehicle available should anyone get stuck.

2. We are also employing for the first time car parking attendants on both Saturday & Sunday.

I ask all visitors to be mindful and to park their cars in a sensible manner so as to avoid problems on their departure.

Have a great exhibition everybody and thanks to you all for your continued support.

Kind regards

Terry Robinson

Exhibition Manager

Stafford Railway Circle

Speaking as one of those who was doing the pushing...we only had problems because the snow thawed very quickly and turned the very top layer of grass to mud. Those that asked for a push before wheelspinning their way down to the subsoil got away no problem! We were able to free all that needed it including a luton van and a 15 seater bus!

The show promises to be one of our best so don't let any weather put you off. Remember we are running a courtesy bus from the train station. As Eurostar dont run through Stafford even the trains should be ok!

• RMweb Premium

Are you able to make use of the hardstanding at the back of Bingley Hall and the car parks by the Pavilion building? I realise that this is a bit further to walk but it might be worth it in bad weather.

Hope to see you there - looks like I'll have to pay for the first time in years as Paul won't be there with EDM :(

Mike

• RMweb Premium

Are you able to make use of the hardstanding at the back of Bingley Hall and the car parks by the Pavilion building? I realise that this is a bit further to walk but it might be worth it in bad weather.

Hope to see you there - looks like I'll have to pay for the first time in years as Paul won't be there with EDM :(

Mike

• RMweb Premium

Hi Mike

Problem is that all that area is used for Traders & Exhibition cars & vans and has to managed to give fire access so i need to know what cars and vans are there and who they belong to.

Terry

• RMweb Premium

Hope to see you there - looks like I'll have to pay for the first time in years as Paul won't be there with EDM sad.gif

Mike

We could do with an extra operator Mike, how about itbiggrin.gif

Dave.

• RMweb Premium

Problem is that all that area is used for Traders & Exhibition cars & vans and has to managed to give fire access so i need to know what cars and vans are there and who they belong to.

Terry

Cheers Terry - with arriving so early with Paul each time, we park right by the door and so I hadn't realised that you made use of all of the area on the far side by the Pavilion. I see you have the Cat Show again on Saturday - I could have said something else there (think Mrs Slocombe) but I might have been banned :D

Mike

• RMweb Premium

We could do with an extra operator Mike, how about itbiggrin.gif

Dave.

Hi Dave - thanks for the offer but I don't know when I'll be able to get to the show and don't want to commit to a specific time or day. We have our 7mm Narrow Gauge Open Day at Mickleover on 16th and so I'll ask the local Area Group if any of them are able to help out.

Mike

• 4 weeks later...

Archived