Farish 108

russellwar

Firstly I thought there was a topic on this (something about manafacturers making body removal easier?) but I have search high and no with no luck!

Any a few weeks back I managed to wrestle the dummy car and get the body off.

Anyway the power car has me totally stumped.

Have eased all the clips out but the motor appears to be wedged/ glued in so only the underframe appears to move and the motor block doesnt!

Have been on it for an hour - so much for dcc ready! Have serched the old forum and only found 1 post which was already what I had tried.

Anyone help me on this one? Any tricks. I have already damaged the underframe a little. If I was in the UK I would take it back to a model shop and send it back to Bachmann as I really don't think this is fit for purpose!

I pity anyone with poor sight who ha to try it.

Anyway any help gratefully received

Thanks

Russell

Ah yes, found a couple of topics in DCC.

Aynway, I must of loosened it well.

Had to go out for a few hours, when I cam eback, before reading this, I popped the scribe in and it just poppoed out.

I think this is like Alan says, there is a point where it catches.

A nightmare really. The nly way I could do the initial opening up was with a scapel! Not the tool you want anywhere near a new model.

Oh well all my N gauge DMU's are done now - thank god it is Dapol doing the 153 :D

• 2 years later...

Strange. Although I've had problems with my 108, removing the body was definatly not one of them!

In fact the body both ends of mine came off rather easily with just a little help from a fine flathead screwdriver at the tail end.

Goes to show the amount of variation across single type of model that can be found.

Regards

Lee

Archived