My N gauge 3D printing attempts

Hi Guys,

I have been working on some CAD for the modern Warflats and Warwells and also the Rail Head Treatment Trains.

As these aren't available in any form at the moment, and having a bit of a soft spot for the military trains I decided that the only thing I could do was have a go on my own.

The N gauge Society kits that are the ex. parkwood models are currently being updated but will not be updated to produce the modern variation.

for the warwells and warflats, I have set about scaling down a 00 gauge very basic drawing and working from this and many pictures.

And for the RHTT, I have used another basic drawing that was sent to me.

Here are some screen grabs showing the work that I have done on them so far.

post-651-0-73628100-1362180691_thumb.jpg

post-651-0-64467600-1362180715_thumb.jpg

post-651-0-19411200-1362180734.jpg

post-651-0-90723700-1362180743.jpg

post-651-0-28684900-1362180752.jpg

There is still a fair bit of work to do on the 2 MOD wagons but hopefully they wont be too much longer.

They will make use of the ATM - Gloucester 22.5 bogies. However I have only just sent off my order for them, so I will have to wait for them to arrive before I can complete these drawings.

The RHTT modules are basically complete however I have had some issues with uploading them to shapeways and having them considerably shrink, which I will have to look at. They are designed to fit on to the Dapol Spine wagon.

Regards

Alistair

Hi guys,

Just a couple of update shots of the warwell and warflat wagons.

These have now stopped, until I receive the ATM Gloucester 22.5 bogies that I have ordered from ATM.

post-651-0-91422900-1362431631_thumb.jpg

Thanks to Ben A, who noticed a mistake I had made, on the warflat, whilst reading the drawings and looking at pictures and gave me the info to correct it. 

post-651-0-33690400-1362437769_thumb.jpg

post-651-0-37512400-1362437782_thumb.jpg

I will now be starting work on a STVA car transporter based on this that Electrotren have produced.

post-651-0-49385400-1362431594_thumb.jpg

Alistair

• 1 month later...

when the RHTT is ready I am definately interested and would look to order a set

Hi Guys,

I have been working on some CAD for the modern Warflats and Warwells and also the Rail Head Treatment Trains.

As these aren't available in any form at the moment, and having a bit of a soft spot for the military trains I decided that the only thing I could do was have a go on my own.

The N gauge Society kits that are the ex. parkwood models are currently being updated but will not be updated to produce the modern variation.

for the warwells and warflats, I have set about scaling down a 00 gauge very basic drawing and working from this and many pictures.

And for the RHTT, I have used another basic drawing that was sent to me.

Here are some screen grabs showing the work that I have done on them so far.

attachicon.gifwarwell.jpg

attachicon.gifWarflat.jpg

attachicon.gifTank.jpg

attachicon.gifUNIT 1.jpg

attachicon.gifUnit 2.jpg

There is still a fair bit of work to do on the 2 MOD wagons but hopefully they wont be too much longer.

They will make use of the ATM - Gloucester 22.5 bogies. However I have only just sent off my order for them, so I will have to wait for them to arrive before I can complete these drawings.

The RHTT modules are basically complete however I have had some issues with uploading them to shapeways and having them considerably shrink, which I will have to look at. They are designed to fit on to the Dapol Spine wagon.  

Regards

Alistair

• RMweb Gold

Hi , RRHT modules look good in the drawings and I look forward to buying several sets when you are ready. Shapeways Customer service guys do a grand job and I have some T gauge models in FUD that are brilliant so I am sure they will help and the prints will be fine.

Have fun and a big thanks for making modelling easier for us three thumbed modellers

Robert

Unfortunately the RHTT has ground to a halt, as they failed the printing process, and someone else on the n gauge forum has already produced them and is just doing the final touches to it.

The Warwell and Warflat has been printed and is slowly going through the paint shop and will be getting some modified warrior loads.

Alistair

• 1 year later...

Hi guys,

I have completed some more drawings.

The first one is for the water tender that has been used with bittern and Flying Scotsman it uses a Farish LNER 8 wheel tender chassis and comes with a pair of couplings 1 long and 1 short.

post-651-0-95447200-1405519027_thumb.jpg

The second is for the Network Rail New Measurement Train. It is a replacement roof panel designed to fit on to the Dapol MK3 coach. It has the pantograph well and basic equipment represented.

post-651-0-99086700-1405519062_thumb.jpg

Both are available on my shapeways page.

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/Alswagons

Regards

Alistair

• 7 months later...

Archived