CARLISLE BUILDINGS Photo Restoration

Having spent 50 years of my life in the area, and therefore thousands of hours on Citadel station, this is definitely one to watch.

Very impressed with Victoria viaduct, its' details and attention to the contours around the area.

A job well done!

• Like 2

Having spent 50 years of my life in the area, and therefore thousands of hours on Citadel station, this is definitely one to watch.

Very impressed with Victoria viaduct, its' details and attention to the contours around the area.

A job well done!

Hi jon,

cheers for those comments, I must have done something right :-) we had all the elevations re engineers drawings etc, had to construct it to its lowest datum point then the scenery having to be built around it, I must point out that I am only responsible for the structures only, not the layout or trackwork etc..

cheers

Peter

Edited by Gravy Train

Hi jon,

cheers for those comments, I must have done something right :-) we had all the elevations re engineers drawings etc, had to construct it to its lowest datum point then the scenery having to be buiolt around it, I must point out that I am only responsible for the structures only, not the layout or trackwork etc..

cheers

Peter

I can't take credit for Mike's comments, but I wholeheartedly endorse them.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Peter.

B-R-I-L-L-I-A-N-T!!!! - THIS is going to be the one to watch - Folks, we are witnessing the birth of a future classic and it couldn't have been started by a nicer Guy.

Peter, you always told me you were a genius!!

Best regards.

Allan.

Edited by allan downes

Alan,

Lol, :-)

sorry about the videos they are way back in september 2012 on the Wheeltapers thread, just lokke din my blog.

cheers

Peter

Hi Peter.

I went there and got lost!!

Will try again later.

All the best.

Allan

PS:instead of reading this, you should be getting on with that layout - can't wait!!

Hi Alan,

was on my lunch break, like I am now :-)

How did the GIG go?

I will post up on Wheeltapers forum musicians then yopu can go straight to it, it will then put you on to my photobucket were there are more videos, Shadows stuff.

cheers

Peter

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jonte

Thanks for sharing, Peter.

I really admire your weathered brick effect. This an aspect of modelling few can successfully achieve.  There are myriad examples of good models among these pages but unfortunately, for the observer, their creators regrettably haven't, for whatever reason, taken that extra step of turning a well modelled town or village scene into something, well........ realistic so 'modelesque' is how they remain. Admittedly, attempts are seemingly made to accomplish the desired affect, however, the palette/ technique is limited. You have obviously prevailed.

Would you be willing to share your secrets with other members of the forum?

I assume it was a mixture of dry brushing and thin washes?

May I ask that you be kind enough to reproduce each stage of your method on some scrap plasticard? Even something in the region of 4" square would be of benefit.

I hope this is agreeable.

Thanking you on behalf of other not so gifted modellers like me.

Jonte.

I just stumbled upon this thread and am so glad I did. What fantastic work, really clean and tight and yet so atmospheric already. I know Citadel very well, so I can't wait to see how this develops. As someone else said earler, a classic in the making.

cheers,

Iain

Edited by Iain C Robinson
  • Like 1

Hi Ian,

many thanks for your kind apreciative comments, I must emphasise that the layout is not mine but I have constructed many of the buidings for it as well as the victoria bridge, I will be posting more from my Hard drive as time allows and it is good to see some of your own models of recent on here, not had chance yet to respond on your thread but will do so.

cheers

Peter A L.

• Like 2

The more I look at that trackwork Peter, the more I know for certain that I'm looking at the birth of a future classic - and once you start the scenics.... well I just can't wait.

Really great stuff, it doesn't get better than this.

Allan.

Hi there,

thanks for the kind comments, it is without doub't a large layout project but not mine, i was encouraged by the owner to post up some photos on RMWeb of which there are many and will post up as time allows.

I would just like to point out that the Trackwork is not my work nor are the baseboards but certainly at (this stage) most of the Architecture is all my work.

The victoria Viaduct Bridge was particularly difficult to construct as there are different ground levels, in reality the trackbed is on two levels and a lower rd level not to mention a sloping rd that passes under the bridge, so it had to be constructed at its lowest DATUM point with the levels built up around it.

The bridge also slopes and rises as well as it not being a stright line but more of a bow shape. the Etched ironwork was commisioned out.

cheers

Peter

Edited by Gravy Train

• 1 month later...

Hi folks,

here is the warehouse, it contains 13 rotating cranes inside and also the laoding  platforms. alltho probably ,this model was partiularly difficult to put together, we had 3 black & white photos and nothing of the rear side, the measurments were taken from an ordnace survey map. 

in 4mm scale.

pleylandmodels1279_zpsbb6fd7a4.jpg

pleylandmodels1277_zpsb5a3f076.jpg

pleylandmodels1275_zpsf2bcf3cb.jpg

pleylandmodels1274_zps46217e7c.jpg

pleylandmodels1272_zps11b9b4c8.jpg

pleylandmodels1271_zps93719943.jpg

pleylandmodels1265_zpsc0b445fa.jpg

pleylandmodels1264_zpsda9354a2.jpg

pleylandmodels1254_zps6435e175.jpg

pleylandmodels1253_zps9f3b4cc4.jpg

pleylandmodels1249_zpse7c05c41.jpg