CARLISLE BUILDINGS Photo Restoration

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Wonderful modelling, and sorry for flooding your 'notifications' box with clicks.

I have been looking at the 'Little and Ballantyne' building as a source of inspiration for a while and it is fantastic to see someone has modelled it in such detail.

Sorry if I have missed this, but with the more complex windows, the stone and carved details, is this all hand built or do you make a mould to cast others for consistency, or do you use 3D printing, or some other aid?

Thanks you for sharing such inspirational work.

Jamie

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...
On 02/03/2013 at 18:13, Gravy Train said:

A few photos of the Carlisle project in EM Gauge 4mm.
carlislemods5_zpsf1e48f01.jpg

Hi Love this bridge....what would be the dimensional width of the road / pavement.....?

Regards,,,,,

Bob

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

I'm a long way away from it at the moment but it was scaled off the OS 1:2500 plan. From memory it's at least 7" or so wide, I had to transport it to France and by great good fortune found that it fitted in the box we use to transport the Herculaneum Dock backscene (the 60ft high cliff behind Brunswick shed).

P6181384.JPG.db5245195e1536424a1e0bb3a7f7fdf4.JPG 

Photo of the bridge in the box which measures 65" x 13". Getting it there turned out to be the easy bit though, when we got to the layout it was apparent that the bridge had been designed on a datum level two or three inches below track level (the level of the road alongside platform 8).

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

23 hours ago, Gravy Train said:

Hi Bob, thanks for your kind comments, it was a few years ago now when I constructed this, to be honest I have’t a clue as it now sits somewhere in France.

i’m sorry I couldn’t help.

cheers

peter

Hi....That's okay....fine work there...

Regards always....

Bob

1 hour ago, Michael Edge said:

I'm a long way away from it at the moment but it was scaled off the OS 1:2500 plan. From memory it's at least 7" or so wide, I had to transport it to France and by great good fortune found that it fitted in the box we use to transport the Herculaneum Dock backscene (the 60ft high cliff behind Brunswick shed).

P6181384.JPG.db5245195e1536424a1e0bb3a7f7fdf4.JPG 

Photo of the bridge in the box which measures 65" x 13". Getting it there turned out to be the easy bit though, when we got to the layout it was apparent that the bridge had been designed on a datum level two or three inches below track level (the level of the road alongside platform 8).

Hi

Thanks for the posting....information appreciated too....

Regards always,,,,

Bob

• RMweb Premium

I should also add that it wasn't Peter's fault that the bridge didn't fit, he made it to the drawing he was given. One of the biggest snags with building this layout has been that it was designed at least three different times by different people with no correlation between them.

• 3 months later...

I'm another who has only recently found and devoured this thread. It's fantastic outstanding architectural modelling. I just wish I'd found it earlier as it looks like I now need to revisit all my building efforts.

Edited by grahame
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...