''New'' 4mm Bufferstops ''New''

davefrk

Hi Chris, that is extremily kind of you. How would you like to make contact? Email, post or phone.

Dave Franks

Hi Dave,

Sent you a personal message with my email address, but apparently no reply. It is chrishiggsuk@yahoo.co.uk. I have the archive uploaded to google docs and ready for you to download.

Chris

Hi Dave,

Sent you a personal message with my email address, but apparently no reply. It is chrishiggsuk@yahoo.co.uk. I have the archive uploaded to google docs and ready for you to download.

Chris

Hi Chris, very sorry, my fault, had message written and in draft folder but not sent, wondered why I hadn't heard from you. :scratchhead:

Apologises,

Dave.

Glasgow Queen Street is my guess Dave.

Mike.

Eh, naw.

Dave.

Dave.

Any plans to do any further patterns of Buffer Stops?

A Caledonian one would be very handy.

Andy.

Hi Andy, plenty plans but only limited time so please be patient. I've found CR photos but I'm waiting on drawings from the Caley association. :paint:

Regards,

Dave Franks

Today I have mostly been making a master of a xxxxx bufferstop. It should be ready to make a mould from on Sunday/Monday and then ready for casting on Thursday. How's about guessing which one I was doing.....  So, what company - BR, pre-nationalisation, pre-grouping or could I have done something industrial? :scratchhead:

The first correct answer will recieve a bufferstop kit (or pick one from future releases). Can't say fairer than that. :declare:

I'm happy with the info now so the NB bufferstops are a goer, five or six weeks maybe. 

Dave,

My guess was going to be North British until I saw your subsequent post, so I'll go for the Great North of Scotland Railway instead.

Regards

David

Dave,

My guess was going to be North British until I saw your subsequent post, so I'll go for the Great North of Scotland Railway instead.

Regards

David

Hi David, no sorry not NB or GNSR though these are on the list to be done.

Dave Franks

You doing NER ones on Monday then Dave?

Hi Dave, sorry, try again. The master is still being worked on but it will be done this week and I forgot about Mothers (in law) day didn't I. :protest:

All the best,

Dave Franks.

Right. I reckon it must be the BR standard design then!

One more for good luck! :D

Dave.

Do you know something I don't Dave. The one I've done - BS02, LMS/BR became a BR standard with a few of the old designs also being perpetuated. That is until the more modern type came along to fit flat bottom rail and of-course the 'slidy' ones which are going to be a buxxer to do.

I'll give everyone a clue:- it's not Scottish or BR..... It might be pre-nationalisation and maybe even pre-grouping..... It might be ready tonight.

Dave Franks

Dave doesn't like cornish pasties.

Mike.

I don't blame him DEVON OGGIES are better!!

SS

Nop, a good old Scottish 'bridie' out of the Tunnocks factory shop just over the river there. I should have come that way home after being at the doc's this morning, You've set my mind on one for lunch now but there's 2-3'' of snow outside, no problem though, the winter tyres are still on.

Happy white Easter to all....

Dave Franks

Stockton & Darlington

Clarence Railway

G.N.E. & C.H. Joint

or Great Northern for Roy Jackson's big train set?

Mike

Nop, sorry Mike and Roy said this morning he's got enough bufferstops....

Dave Franks

Archived