''New'' 4mm Bufferstops ''New''

davefrk

Hull and Barnsley? For Mick Nich.

Furness Railway? For Phil Tuer

Kings Cross? For Bob Howe (and me!)

Ian. getting over-excited by anticipation!.

M&GN?

GER?

Felix

Nop, sorry guys.

All will be revealed tomorrow night. :declare:

Alright, one last try. :whistle:

The Merioneth and Llantisilly Railway Traction Company Limited.

I'm pretty sure it's pre-grouping as Ivor wasn't Swindonised!!!

Mike

Hi Mike, now that's one I hadn't thought about..... Right, I've thought about it and sorry but I don't think it would be a goer....

All the best,

Dave Franks.

• RMweb Gold

I might have missed this, skipping through all the guesses as to what you've been making, but if these are cast metal bufferstops, how have you managed to avoid shorting the rails ?

Stu

I might have missed this, skipping through all the guesses as to what you've been making, but if these are cast metal bufferstops, how have you managed to avoid shorting the rails ?

Stu

Yes, you've missed it, page 1, post 23. :dancer:  :dancer:  :dancer:

Dave.

My Guess, wild stab in the dark, is for a southern or one of its constituents, Well thats what I want anyway...

regards

Congratulations :declare:  Well done that man. Yes, it's a Southern Railway standard bufferstop. In fact, it's actually two cause I've done one with a timber beam and another with the beam replaced with rails and new brackets.   

Thanks for all the guesses, even the ones I don't think would work :O , Andy C's suggestion would mean going to Mongolia unless you've got contacts there Andy :jester:

Trebor, PM me with your address and I'll send one to you next week (if the mould works okay).

I may do this again as it seems a number of people have enjoyed it.

I've had a request for a rush job so that may be next then some Scottish ones.

Regards to all,

Dave Franks

'scuse me, I win, see post # 13.

Mike.

I'll take the prize in tunny bars please Dave.

Sorry Mike but you said an LSWR bufferstop but I said a Southern Railway bufferstop. So there...... Close but no cigar, sorry, I mean't tunny bar. :stinker:

Dave.

Hi dave looking forward to some scottish ones like these WHR ones

Crainlarich

attachicon.gifsiding crainlarich.jpg

Garelochhead

attachicon.gifSiding garelochhead.jpg

regards Eddie

Hi Eddie, the first one is on the list but with the correct timber beam and brackets, the PWay gang have just put a sleeper and chairs on that one. It's a late Caledonian design and I have the drawings and photos from a number of sources now.

The second one is already out, our number BS02. An LMS wartime design perpetuated by BR to anywhere in Britain.

Funny that the Caley one is at Crainlarich but it did happen, the PWay people needed a replacement bufferstop and there was one lying in the yard at Perth.....

I have a drawing for the original WHR design of bufferstop from the NB Study Group and I may do it later.

Hope that helps.

Dave Franks.

Funny that the Caley one is at Crainlarich but it did happen, the PWay people needed a replacement bufferstop and there was one lying in the yard at Perth......

I had just assumed it was either photographed on the CR (Callendar and Oban section) tracks at Crianlarich or was just moved across to the NB station because it was nearby.

Chris

Hi, Chris, I knew where they were as I had spotted them a year or so ago. I didn't know then what the older one was, I reckonised the LMS/BR one as I had built some previously for the Hewisbridge layout. The photos are up to date as the buildings are as restored. At this time there is nothing left on the C&O south of Crianlarich and not very much to observe on the way to Oban.

I've just received a package this morning from the Caley association, I'll sit down and study what is there and let you know.

All the best,

Dave Franks.

Taking a break from packing LMS/BR  bufferstops.

• RMweb Premium

Dave,

If it's any help I think i have a drawing of the HR version, and possibly some others. Drop me a Pm with your email, so that I can email it to you.

Andy G

Dave,

If it's any help I think i have a drawing of the HR version, and possibly some others. Drop me a Pm with your email, so that I can email it to you.

Andy G

Hi Andy, thanks for the offer. I've received a number of requests for an HR bufferstop so I've done the research, found some photos and received a drawing from Chris Higgs of this parish so there should be one available over the summer.

I would still be interested in what you have in-case it's different to what I have, spreading the net wide so to speak. PM sent.

All the best,

Dave Franks

• RMweb Premium

All you need to do now Dave are some water cranes, loading gauges and some yard type hand cranes and you could be the new "Mikes models".

It is a huge gap in the market. Even though the originals are still knocking about, some of them were dreadfully out of scale and your work is miles ahead in terms of quality. Just start with the GCR stuff first.....................

Keep up the good great work,

Cheers,

Tony

Archived