Bachmann announcements 2013/4

Andy Y

"44-234                   Low Relief Public Convenience                                                                                  £13.95"

Low relief is when you pee into a communal trough as opposed to your own recepticle?

George

Well, one E4 Bich Grove in Southern Green Pre-ordered from a now mainline connected (whoo) Bachmann retailer in on a Sussex station platform!

The Bluebell Shop are not taking official pre-orders until they place their order with Bachmann tomorrow, but are taking names and numbers.

The Bird Cage coaches are expected to fly off the shelves.

Guest Max Stafford

im sure youll get these versions in time.  at least I hope you do if only to keep you quiet about them!

Meaning?

Thompson Corridors - YES!!!!!!!!!!!! Though maroon one's are probably 3 years away.

Another Mk1 TPO coach great!

No upgraded V2 body - I was expecting that, and for the A4 to be redone....

However, Bachman - very ambitious set of announcements.

I look forward to more detail about the whys and wherefores of the DCC option Mk2s. 

Whether the non fitted DCC versions have lighting fitted but take their power from a neighbouring DCC version coaches pick ups via a conductive coupling bar remains to be seen.  

Pure speculation here.  Rather excited about them though.  Look forward to seeing the first images.

• RMweb Gold

As usual there are still no GWR/ex-GWR non-gangwayed coaches. This is odd, as Bachmann have enough tank locos (44xx, 45xx, 56xx, 57xx, 8750, 82xxx) to pull them.

At least this lot won't cost me too much: one (or two) 64xx and an autocoach. Good thing too, considering how much I spent on buying far too many 2Bils! I may have to get some SECR-liveried coaches to go behind my SECR-liveried C class though, and some more mineral wagons as you can never have too many of them.

and I wonder if those folk at Hornby have woken up and are maybe now thinking "lets can the weathered ex virgin Mk3s guys and whip them out in ScotRail livery instead ".  that would surely feed more mouths?

this would be joined up thinking of sorts what with the 47/7s and DBSOs we will have.

I doubt it ToF - that might be construed as Design not very clever (or an old case of jumponthebanwagonus) neither Hornby or Dapol seeing the need to produce accurate Mk3a TSO's & FO's.

• RMweb Premium

Would love to see the look on the face of the utter mug who paid the best part of a hundred notes for two NSE Mk2 TSO's on EBay last week!!! I shall be picking up a few of the fresh run.

Lots of nice exciting goodies here but one huge disappointment. I would have been more than happy to pre-order a number of the diesel reliveries but then on the end of the description I read the dreaded 'W' word - weathered which means I need to see three or four in th shop before deciding whether to buy and more than likely it will become a no sale as I have a real hatred of factory weathering as most of it is poorly executed in the extreme.

Put me down for a couple of black late crest E4's though...

I must state that this list of items from Bachmann certainly fills a few holes in the items I require.

I have a rake of Tubes and Pipes but they do not run well and I was looking to have to turn down the axle lengths a bit. Using Bachmann wagons (with Parkside brake gear if required) will solve this problem.

I have no desparate need for Mk2F stock but they will be of use at some time and the air-con parts from an Airfix Mk2D will easily produce a Mk2E.

Plus we were just about to build an Inspection Saloon for Kirkhill.

Steam wise I am not up to speed but the Stanier mogul does seem a good choice.

Hats off to Bachmann for investing in lots of new items.

Bachmanns range is, frankly, the most balanced and possibly most clued up product announcement we've seen for years. 

Three tank engines, of three different regions, all of which had numbers in the hundreds or thereabouts, and all if which customers are very like to buy multiples of in years to come. Simpler to tool up, some very handsome liveries between E4, 1F, 64xx. 

I'm not disappointed at all that there's nothing particularly LNER related there for a change, though the V3 and new Thompson coaches are most welcome. I will be promptly putting all of my older Thompsons and V3s on eBay and various auction sites. 

I'm very encouraged by Bachmann's forward thinking here. The Stanier mogul must get a mention too for re-use of the fowler tender.

One thing to note, all the steam locomotives are preserved locomotives this time around. All will appear, no doubt, as their preserved forms, thus tying into both the modelling fraternity and also young rail fans and collectors who'll have seen these locomotives out and about.

Birdcage stock is a brilliant addition to their range and complements several of their locomotives already produced.

In short, well done Bachmann, a very thoughtful new product range with some excellent choices, which will no doubt pay dividends in years to come. Certainly I can see the 64xx, the 1F and the E4 being perennial catalogue items for many years.

How many people will decide they absolutely have to have a Midland Railway 1F now, whereas at 10 o'clock this morning the thought had probably not entered their heads?!  ;)

Well, one, definitely!

ME ME ME !!! At least one of each. How long do I have to wait? (rhetorical question - Answer: as long as it takes). Presumably the Belpaire version so I need not ditch all my Craftsman kits yet. Will there be a 0-4-4T next year??? It took a few seconds to realise that folks talking about 2Fs were on about coaches, not 0-6-0s.

Well done Bachmann.

Guest 40-something

"44-234                   Low Relief Public Convenience                                                                                  £13.95"

Low relief is when you pee into a communal trough as opposed to your own recepticle?

George

Maybe its one of those urinals that are for the 'shorter' person...

this is D5155 at Manchester victoria which ive planned to model for a while as its my favourite style, dont know much about them ,always known them as a 24 with roof headcode box and no discs which I thought was the best looking.

however will have to read up again as I thought it was a 24/1. but it says up to D5150 is a 24/1

http://railwayherald.com/imagingcentre/view/154860/IS440306011362921508

• RMweb Gold

Superb, the 64xx is straight on my shopping list. I just hope the "GWR green" livery is not the token postwar "G W R" format we always seem to get lumbered with. Please don't forget 1930's modellers, a "Great Western" liveried one (even shirt-button at a pinch) will be muchly appreciated. :)

Need to go back and digest the rest of the list now coz my eyes kept getting drawn back to the characters 6 4 x x 

Guest jim s-w

This is really sad but the scenecraft grit boxes caught my eye - only because i was just about to make a load of them!

Cheers

Jim

and encouragingly I havent seen anything that points to any price increases on the new items like we had last year either.

Hats off to them.  Also spotted those sneaky russians have dropped in a new Class 85 with small yellow warning panels.   Strangely the twin pan version electric blue version now seems to have disappeared from the website.

I knew I should have placed that bet on the Stanier Mogul, oh well! The 64xx was a bit of a surprise, but a modern autocoach has been on the cards for years. I suspect the 1F will be popular too. Some good choices with the wagons, especially the Grain hopper which really needs a new example.

Interesting that both Bachmann and Hornby are now producing a GWR Shunter's Truck, it will be interesting to see who can produce the better model.

One last thing: '20 Ton Tank Wagon ‘NCB’ Weathered'! Be interesting to see the artwork for this one, as I've been planning on building a couple of NCB Fuel Oil tanks at some point.

How many people will decide they absolutely have to have a Midland Railway 1F now, whereas at 10 o'clock this morning the thought had probably not entered their heads?!  ;)

Well, one, definitely!

Well I decided 6 months ago that I wanted a 1F and just finished the Craftsman kit (with much added detail) a few weeks ago!

I think Bachmann and Hornby use my workbench to decide their production programmes as I have built an A1, WD, Fairburn, Clan, D11/2, LYR 2-4-2T, etc. all just ahead of being realeased RTR!

Great production plan by the way - thanks Bachmann.

Steve

An E4, three new 'C's with different numbers, and the SE&CR Birdcages, WOW! What a splendid programme. My bank balance will take a bit of a bashing over the next 18 months.

They are certainly giving Hornby a bit of a run for their money, especially after the SR Push-Pull and 2Bil fiasco. Bachmann  at least are coming round to the fact that there are some people who actually model Southern Region.

Some nice wagons too (Pipe, Tube, Grain, Warflat).

An an 'N' in N, if the C also appeared in that scale I might be seduced!

And who would believe a Wickham trolley?!

Well done Bachmann!

• RMweb Premium

I must have missed it, what is the supposedly not grey Collectors Club Model that people are as I type this hoovering up to put on Ebay tonight?

Archived