Bachmann announcements 2013/4

Andy Y

Bachmann collectors club mag due this month and it usually has an update on the stages of upcoming models. Last magazine stated the development team were looking at them which I think means collecting information. Next stage seems to be the drawing office. I would think you are looking at 18 months plus to be honest but you never know Bachmann may surprise us!

Mark

• 3 weeks later...

With the sudden increase in prices of all 2013/14 Bachmann Locos etc, what is the final price of the 150's. 

Just a bit off topic. But with the FGW Class 150 being released later this year. Would the prices of the 150128, like all FGW 00 Gauge/N Gauge items, shoot up to ridiculous prices like a year or so after initial release. Just would like to afford something FGW before they increase big time, especially the 166 and HST respectively. 

HornbyA3Fan, the revised Bachmann Class 150 DMUs have not yet been given a new post price increase rrp by Bachmann. They were originally the same or similar price to the new Class 101 DMUs before the recent price rise, so I would estimate their new price to be around the same level as the current price for the Class 101, which is £149.95. At present you can still pre-order the FGW Class 150 from Hattons at £110.46 under their guaranteed pre-order price scheme.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

Andy Y has shared photos of Bachmann's GWR 54xx and SR E4 on the Warley 2014 news thread. Did Bachmann have anything else we haven't seen before on their stand? There's quite a lot that might have been there from their 2013/14 announcements:

LMS 2-6-0 Stanier Mogul

Wickham trolley

SR CCT/PMV

Birdcage coaches

21t grain hopper wagon

Warflat

and of course much more recent, LNWR Webb Coal tank.

We're any of these shown? If so can we have photos, please?!

John

Andy Y has shared photos of Bachmann's GWR 54xx and SR E4 on the Warley 2014 news thread. Did Bachmann have anything else we haven't seen before on their stand? There's quite a lot that might have been there from their 2013/14 announcements:

LMS 2-6-0 Stanier Mogul

Wickham trolley

SR CCT/PMV

Birdcage coaches

21t grain hopper wagon

Warflat

and of course much more recent, LNWR Webb Coal tank.

We're any of these shown? If so can we have photos, please?!

John

SR CCT/PMV was shown, unpainted.

Stewart

• RMweb Premium

SR CCT/PMV was shown, unpainted.

Stewart

Well that is the first time they have appeared! - they were announced in March 2012, so are long overdue. Can someone post a photo or two, please?

John

• RMweb Gold

Well that is the first time they have appeared! - they were announced in March 2012, so are long overdue. Can someone post a photo or two, please?

John

Nice to see some progress on these.

According to the standards set by some of the other announced models, they look downright early........... :jester:

Still no news of the upgraded Ivatt 2-6-2T, I suppose? 

John

Cue a "Where are the Bachmann models?" thread?

Where is 7013 when we need him?

Someone, anyone?

A chance to be the first to put the boot into Barwell, or are we all too afraid? :O :o :O :no:

Cheers from Oz, enjoy your winter.

Peter C.

I was looking forward to the LMS Stanier Mogul in particular so it is a shame if it has been put to sleep.

In July it was quoted as being worked on in readiness for progressing to the drawing office, as were the new chassis V3, the Brighton Atlantic, the new chassis Ivatt 2-6-2T, the Class 24/1, the Class 158,Warflat, Class B TTAs, Intermodels and the Thompson coaches. Already in the drawing office were the Wickham trolley, 20T tank wagon, MK2Fs, birdcage coaches and the WR autotrailer.

In July it was quoted as being worked on in readiness for progressing to the drawing office, as were the new chassis V3, the Brighton Atlantic, the new chassis Ivatt 2-6-2T, the Class 24/1, the Class 158,Warflat, Class B TTAs, Intermodels and the Thompson coaches. Already in the drawing office were the Wickham trolley, 20T tank wagon, MK2Fs, birdcage coaches and the WR autotrailer.

Thanks for that. It shows how the products that take ages to actually hit the shops get forgotten seeing as folk on the Hattons GWR 0-4-2T thread have mentioned all they need now is a suitable WR auto trailer...

• RMweb Gold

Thanks for that. It shows how the products that take ages to actually hit the shops get forgotten seeing as folk on the Hattons GWR 0-4-2T thread have mentioned all they need now is a suitable WR auto trailer...

Well Bachmann will (eventually) provide a suitable (BR) WR autotrailer. If however what they wanted was a (G)WR autotrailer then they'll still be in need as the one Bachmann is modelling is post-nationalisation

Seem's a lot of the loco's are only coming out weathered, i would like a 57 Pannier, but they are only doing a weathered one.

Do not understand why they will not do an un-weathered version as well,hate factory weathering.

• 1 month later...

As this thread has come alive, does anyone know when Bachmann will announce their 2015 range ?

Thanks.

With last years announcements being so late will they bother! As I recall (though I could easily be mistaken) didn;t the catalog say 2014-15?

Ian_B

Archived