Bachmann announcements 2013/4

Andy Y

• RMweb Gold

I'm sure Bachmann already know what will be in the announcement but an ex SECR 'H' class would be nice. It's high in the wanted polls & Bachmann have already done the 'C'.

Even if delivery were not until 2017 an announcement now may stop any unnecessary duplication by another manufacturer, which can only benefit the hobby in the long run.

I certainly don't think it's unreasonable to expect Bachmann's relationships with the Bluebell and the Worth Valley to continue, and so I'd be inclined to look to those lines' fleets for clues as to future releases.

• RMweb Gold

If we are in speculation territory I would think the SE&CR H must be well up the leaderboard and it won't directly compete with the M7 and O2 when you think about it; it would also be sensible one to put down a marker on.  I think we might possibly look forward to an ROD version of the O4 but possibly not this year although it could well be announced in anticipation of timely centenary delivery?

Some reworks might well be on the blocks as well - the 'Manor' is probably the most likely and will we see coaching stock reworks move along to the Collett stock?   Finally a couple of new 'steam era' wagons plus possibly something modern in that line? 

• RMweb Gold

Does anybody have any idea when (or even if) the revamped Ivatt tank is likely to turn up.

It seems to be taking an inordinately long time considering they have already tooled up everything they need but the chassis block itself for the tender version.

John

I certainly don't think it's unreasonable to expect Bachmann's relationships with the Bluebell and the Worth Valley to continue, and so I'd be inclined to look to those lines' fleets for clues as to future releases.

If we are in speculation territory I would think the SE&CR H must be well up the leaderboard and it won't directly compete with the M7 and O2 when you think about it; it would also be sensible one to put down a marker on. ..

The good reception - and hopefully commercial success - of the smaller mostly preserved classes they have chosen as subjects says 'more of the same' to me too. Count in their activity with the NRM, the clear customer liking for models which can carry a very attractive pre-group livery, and the way they often very neatly 'do a round' of the Big Four territories with a wheel arrangement, and I would guess at several possibilities.

No SR group 4-4-0 in their range. Hornby have the T9 - western end - so an eastern end type makes sense, and they are all beautiful subjects. Preserved Wainwright D?

No ER group 0-6-2T in their range. Hornby have the N2, so any other is an option; N5 or N7 - the latter again having a preserved specimen.

Where next in 0-6-0 types? Huge choice They do seem to be inching north up the West coast and Caley blue is awfully pretty...

Mould breaker models, surprising new departure. Heavy shunters like 4-8-0T and 0-8-4T? Or late C19th Singles? Some liveries there...

The LMS Porthole stock in BR maroon and another batch of Midland brake vans would be useful.

The SECR H Class followed by the D Class as the next NRM Model in due course would give plenty to go with the Bird cage stock.

Perhaps a bit early for some more pre-grouping coaches but would be nice. Push pull stock from the Midland/LNWR, some of the Coal Tanks and the L&Y 2-4-2 Tanks were push pull fitted. Would go nicely with a Midland Johnson 0-4-4T!

L&Y (Aspinall and/or Barton Wright) and Caledonian 0-6-0s, the 812 in Blue would be gorgeous. Total agree with more Pre-grouping liveries. Seems to have served Bachmann very well so far, probably because they are so good at it!

post-4790-0-76053000-1422892122_thumb.jpg

post-4790-0-49955600-1422892179_thumb.jpg

I heard that rumour, though I heard it associated with another blue box producer.

I guess a few people have, as much of last year there was very few on ebay and prices were quite good, but between December and now they've been streaming out there...3-4 a week and prices have crashed.

Would love someone to do it... then re-use the cab ends and other parts to produce a 303 EMU.

How much would a 5 Car Transpenine be though.. £400 - £500 price mark though ?

Price  of   a  Trans  Pennine  if  it  was  ever  done  would I think  depend on  the  format  it  is  produced in,  The  Midland  Pullman  is  effectively  2  locos  and  4  coaches the original  price  of  this  unit  can  now  almost  be  considered to be  a  bargain, I  believe  the  current  Hattons  price  for  the  Yellow ended one  IS a  bargain.

Now  if  the Trans P  was produced  with  one  power car  which I beleive  is feasable  as  the  4 CEPs we  have  tested  are  completely  at  home  hauling an additional 4  unpowered cars

on gradiants  of 1 in 30  curved  at  36" radius.  Then  assuming  that it was in the  same  format  as  current  DMU/EMUs as  far  as  lighting was concerned then  a retail  of  around £350 ish  would perhaps be feasable.

Of  course  if it was produced  with  2 power cars  then obviously  the  RRP  would be appreciably  higherr

The down  side  of  theis unit  is of  course  that ( as  far as I am aware) they only  had 2 liveries, correct me  If I am  wrong, if  they  had more than 2   then  this  would  be  a plus point in the possibility of  the  units  production................

.........ah  Memories  memories  as  I  write  this  I can   smell  and  taste  those  Beefburgers  we  used  to  get  in  hte  Griddle  car!! We often used to ride  the  Trans P   from Manchester  to Liverpool and  back  just  to  get  the  Beefburgers!!

• RMweb Gold

Some reworks might well be on the blocks as well - the 'Manor' is probably the most likely and will we see coaching stock reworks move along to the Collett stock?   Finally a couple of new 'steam era' wagons plus possibly something modern in that line? 

Having just bought a Mitchell Manor body kit to build, a high spec new Manor release should be expected...

• RMweb Premium

Caley 812. Caley 812. Caley 812

It's preserved

It's gorgeous

Aside from pugs and 4-2-2s there's been nothing purely Scottish for ages

Blue engines sell , per Simon Kohler

Pre grouping liveries sell.

Please Bachmann visit the model barren wastelands of Scotland!

what was bachmanns last diesel multiple unit and when???  is a new dmu due do we think by now??

how about a scale replica of the old rugeley power station cooling towers in the scenecraft range in 00? haha......

Depends on how we define New though, as there's the retooled and updated Class 150s which have just been released or the forthcoming Class 158 from Bachmann.

If we're going for a new DMU though, I'd either head my bets on a Class 156 seeing as Hornby doesn't seem interested in replacing the Lima version, or something newer like a 175. Or as Bachmann has a relationship with Bombardier - a 172? Turbostar body is produced, Voyager bogies produced, Chiltern & LO versions first?

• RMweb Premium

Not sure, the 156 has disappeared from the Hornby catalogue this year. Could be a sign of a new super detailed version next year. It's about time they did something in modern image. So I don't see this as Bachmann.

• RMweb Gold

New DMU would surely have to be a 120 - please?

Phil

I think that would be an ideal choice.

Noticeably different to all the "commuter-style" units currently available/announced but with a less hefty price-tag than a 5-car (Trans-Pennine) unit would inevitably carry. 

John

Archived