1980s model people in 00

ess1uk

For BR staff you can't go wrong with S and D Models: http://www.sanddmodels.co.uk/products_76.htm

They make a pack of standing drivers and guards, track maintenance workers and diesel depot workers (poses copied by Bachmann but the S and D ones don't have hard hats). They also make a pack of standing passengers.

I have used the guards and drivers on Kirkhill and I have the depot staff waiting to be used as required. They were picked up at Bristol Exhibition 2 years ago but the website does have contact details.

Just a satisfied customer etc. etc.

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1

Guest jim s-w

For BR staff you can't go wrong with S and D Models: http://www.sanddmodels.co.uk/products_76.htm

They make a pack of standing drivers and guards, track maintenance workers and diesel depot workers (poses copied by Bachmann but the S and D ones don't have hard hats). They also make a pack of standing passengers.

I have used the guards and drivers on Kirkhill and I have the depot staff waiting to be used as required. They were picked up at Bristol Exhibition 2 years ago but the website does have contact details.

If you have any pics that would be good (theres none on the site) but if you think they are ok thats enough for me to get a couple of packs.

Cheers

Jim

I can vouch for the S&D figures authenticity as I made the master patterns :-).They are all from Norwich station area about 1982,crown point was fairly new  . The loco  repair people are from Crown Point and the trackworkers a few miles up the track towards Gt Yarmouth,drivers from the station  .I got the full works tour and help from the station master .Wish I hadnt  put bases on them ..If no hard hats are on the figures they werent on the person either .I must confess that I havnt looked at any close up for years .I now see my little people  every where on layouts in a lot of scales .Funny really ........or weird ..........depending on your out look. :angel:  :banghead:

A tip if you want the bases off is to cut own from the top of the base until the feet are separated and the base gone . Only then trim off the  surplus on the bottom of the foot .

• Like 4

Two of the train crew partially painted (plus two figures from Dart Castings)

post-7112-0-71532300-1362950398_thumb.jpg

The rest of the figures in the train crew pack

post-7112-0-64364800-1362950442_thumb.jpg

The depot maintenance workers pack

post-7112-0-49370500-1362950449_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

Thanks for that insight alfsboy.

I'm certainly not complaining about a lack of hard hats - quite the opposite in fact. In the 1980s very few depot staff (if any) wore them. It's good to know that they are not only well detailed figures but the amount of effort you went to in order to ensure they were correct.

• Like 2

Thanks for posting the shots .There are are some I  am pleased with still .....and a couple that stink ...as usual..The depot maintenance guys were all in orange overalls  from memory .The train crew has color on part of their hats and collars ,again from memory .I usualy do figures in a neutral position as a specific action ties down the uses..Also a lot of positions would need a separate Iimbs to allow casting  and I  prefer a one piece casting if poss . I have taken the liberty to lift the shots as I dont have any photos of a lot of my  earlier work  so many thanks .

• Informative/Useful 1

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

This identifies what the castings are I've recently (re)painted. Excellent figures, acquired second hand from someone else, who'd obviously realised afterwards that they wouldn't fit a steam era layout. I could have saved myself buying the Bachmann TMD pack as I also seem to have the depot staff - only they've been painted army green so I didn't realise what I'd got till I saw this......

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

This identifies what the castings are I've recently (re)painted. Excellent figures, acquired second hand from someone else, who'd obviously realised afterwards that they wouldn't fit a steam era layout. I could have saved myself buying the Bachmann TMD pack as I also seem to have the depot staff - only they've been painted army green so I didn't realise what I'd got till I saw this......

could you post a picture?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 5 months later...
On 10/03/2013 at 13:23, Flood said:

they’re great figures. 

do they need priming at all before painting? 

On 10/03/2013 at 13:23, Flood said:

they’re great figures. 

6 hours ago, 18B said:

they’re great figures. 

I'm sure a quick blast of Halfords grey primer wouldn't do them any harm. Seeing as ours are permanently in place they never get handled anyway.

Edited by Flood
  • Agree 1