Project 43 - The North British B-B Warships

Phil Bullock

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

So we went to Toddington diesel gala on Saturday....

The warships were popular - all 33 class 43s on the same shed .... for the first time ever?

post-7138-0-49775400-1532970946_thumb.jpg

Panther - Pathfinder - Pegasus - Powerful - Ramilles - Rapid - Relentless - Resistance - Roebuck - Royal Oak - Sharpshooter - Spartan - Sprightly - Steadfast - Strongbow - Sultan - Superb - Swift - Temeraire - Tenacious - Thruster - Tiger - Triumph - Trojan - Undaunted - Valorous - Vanquisher - Victorious - Vigilant - Viking - Warrior - Zambesi - Zealous

What wonderful names!

And as for the big one parked out in the rain - well at least it has NBL pattern fan grilles and at least 1 NBL bogie....

We were going to set the table up next to the loco but just look at the weather! And for those who couldn't get there theres this...

post-7138-0-24344400-1532971008_thumb.jpg

Thanks to Brian Thomas for the photos. And apologies if anyone turned up on Sunday expecting to see us - Saturday following 4 days of fishing took its toll

Was great to have SVRLAd helping us on Saturday - and good to see many friends, including the Worcester Loco lads, Class 22 project and the WLA lads although their suggestion that we needed to bring 74 Westerns next year could stretch things a bit....

Phil

Edited by Phil Bullock
  • Like 10

Cheers Liam

We'd have to avoid duplication of course - and we only have 6 !

Phil

Seven, including mine (not yet DCC fitted admittedly), but I suppose changing the guise of a Western is easier than of a Warship because 'all' you do is attach etched nameplates and numberplates.

Looking at your photo again I think it looks better with D832 partly in the distance, much better perspective methinks. :)

• RMweb Gold

I couldn't possibly comment on what's missing, especially when you look at the pic of the real thing below, but one thing is for certain, it looks bloody impressive!

Mike.

Wot you mean those 132 thingies?

Hee hee - one day we will shock you Mike!

And Neil - your Class 42 fan grilles are there on D833 - I have some replacements for you! Thank you .....

Phil

Edited by Phil Bullock

• 8 months later...
  • RMweb Gold
On 17/03/2015 at 15:24, MikeParkin65 said:

Now £118.96. Or in my case 'order cancelled' :)

In a rare example of me showing patience in the face of new model temptation I have just purchased an example of this model at the reduced price of £89.50. Patience rewarded!. Its making that J36 I just had to buy when I was supposed to be buying my wifes Xmas present look really expensive now! :huh: 

As you might have gathered - 'rule 1' applies on my layout! 

• Like 4