Bachmann announce Mk2f's

newbryford

I noticed today that Bachmann have placed the branding in the correct spot on the blue and grey DBSO on the side in question so its very weird how they got it wrong on the BSO.

If its not an error it must be because this actual coach carried the branding in the less common position but somebody must have a photo of it somewhere.

Bachmann have not replied to me.  Rails of Sheffield are on hold. 

Edited by ThaneofFife

Just under two hours last night to fit the detailing parts to the DBSOs! Can understand why I had to fit the pipes and cowcatcher as that is a choice re whether or not you use the coupler or not. Less clear why I was required to fit the orange bits when I paid a small fortune for the coaches. They were very tricky to fit, especially the angled piece. If you have a full rake of TSOs etc it may take you a few nights.

Edited by Waverley47708

Had a reply from Bachmann who missed the point completely saying they have checked the artwork on the farish N model and it is correct.

I have gone back to say the query related to the branchline 00 model. the model numbers were even in the email header.

Perhaps in showing them a bit of forward thinking and mentioning they might want to check whether the error has carried over to N gauge version artwork it seems to have just muddied the waters for the customer services advisor.

I await their next reply but it at least gave me a chance to say the DBSO version is correct which I only knew after my original query was raised.

Had a reply from Bachmann who missed the point completely saying they have checked the artwork on the farish N model and it is correct.

I have gone back to say the query related to the branchline 00 model. the model numbers were even in the email header.

Perhaps in showing them a bit of forward thinking and mentioning they might want to check whether the error has carried over to N gauge version artwork it seems to have just muddied the waters for the customer services advisor.

I await their next reply but it at least gave me a chance to say the DBSO version is correct which I only knew after my original query was raised.

Maybe not relevant, but the branding on the 00 Exec BSO is (correctly ?) in line/under the first saloon window as per the normal.............

Maybe not relevant, but the branding on the 00 Exec BSO is (correctly ?) in line/under the first saloon window as per the normal.............

that's correct.  only the blue & grey BSO has the error imho unless Bachmann upload an image for us of the actual vehicle from which they based their artwork on..

My gut feeling is - its plain wrong.

Bachmann have come back to me today.  Due to little or no reference material available to them on the BR blue and grey BSO the artwork was prepared based on the limited information they did have.

they have noted the positioning and will be considered for future releases.

Think I might just stick with it (Rails have offered me a swap for another coach such as a TSO or FO) and run it with the correct side showing which for Euston is thankfully brake end furthest out at the country end more often than not .  

Cannot see a BSO (39-700a and 39-700DC a ) being released so soon after the first batch.  Could be years...…... 

Edited by ThaneofFife

• RMweb Gold

Bachmann have come back to me today.  Due to little or no reference material available to them on the BR blue and grey BSO the artwork was prepared based on the limited information they did have.

they have noted the positioning and will be considered for future releases.

Think I might just stick with it (Rails have offered me a swap for another coach such as a TSO or FO) and run it with the correct side showing which for Euston is thankfully brake end furthest out at the country end more often than not .  

Cannot see a BSO (39-700a and 39-700DC a ) being released so soon after the first batch.  Could be years...…...

Is it not removable, on Bachman loco’s the print, including nameplates is usually completely removable with a cocktail stick

Is it not removable, on Bachman loco’s the print, including nameplates is usually completely removable with a cocktail stick

It's easy to remove with a cotton bud soaked in thinners. I find it's best to mask around the lettering to minimise the resulting shiny area. Finish off by touching up with a dirty wash and you'll never know it had been there.

This might have been covered already but I've just been looking at my collection of mk2 wiring schematics and the lighting in the bso/dbso is technically wrong. When the saloon lights come on, 50% of the van end lighting should also (as a means for passengers to walk past the cage and into the next coach). The other 50% is a manual switch to light the cage side.

The guards comp is the only part to be completely independent of the rest, and shouldn't control both the guard comp and van end together.

Very interesting. I'm fitting ESU lighting strips with on-board decoders to my NON DCC MK2f's they have full control of groups of LEDs and tail lights that can be set to flash at either end (the NON DCC 2F's as well as having the wheel pick-ups also have the tail light guide assy fittings -nice one Bachmann)

For BSO's it should be possible to off set a group of LED's for the corridor and also make the Guards comp separately switched...assuming I've understood your post correctly ?

Edited by tractor_37260

how does the esu lighting strip price compare when added to the cost of a std coach vs a factory fitted coach?

Not a lot in it but I managed to get a couple of NON DCC Exec MK2F's with a discount so it's really a wee trial at this stage, but the light strips will also be good for BG's and Buffet coaches / MK3's etc.....

Edited by tractor_37260

im sending my BSO back to swap it for something else.   It should have been right and I refuse to be picking away at a £70 coach with a cocktail stick as I am more of a ready to run guy these days.  I prefer to look of the corridor side too so running the coach the other way around doesn't really solve anything although I am sure Bachmann are hoping most people will do so or remove the lettering and apply a new transfer.

If they release another batch of BSOs then fine.

Had a fiddle today with these ESU DCC coach lighting boards, they will need reduced in overall length to fit MK2F's, and linked with wires, just need to work out where best to cut, but it looks promising so far. The extra SA cap should fit nicely in at the end of the brake corridor, and hopefully be hidden. More to follow........

post-2215-0-18684500-1545071937_thumb.jpg

post-2215-0-61047800-1545071946_thumb.jpg

post-2215-0-59212000-1545071959_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Morning,

As Tractor says my 2 DBSOs came with a DCC information leaflet

Function Keys are:

0     Directional Lights On/Off

1     N/A

2     Cab Lights

3     Guard's Compartment Lights