Bachmann class 37 dutch livery sound

class"66"

• 1 month later...

Looks very nice model,but comes at bit of price ticket.

Retailers will only be able to discount off RRP by 15% for the first 8 weeks.  After that we might see a further price reduction, although I'm not sure what the trend is for retailers to do this following the introduction of Bachmann's 15%/8 week pricing policy. 

Retailers will only be able to discount off RRP by 15% for the first 8 weeks.  After that we might see a further price reduction, although I'm not sure what the trend is for retailers to do this following the introduction of Bachmann's 15%/8 week pricing policy. 

Yer no what you mean,wil be interesting to see the different prices!! hopefuly Hattons might do silly price....wel i hope :no:

Looks very nice model,but comes at bit of price ticket.

You not buying one then :no:

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

Hi all,

Hopefully posting this in the correct section.

I'm looking to re-spray a couple of class 37 into Dutch livery. I'm a little colour-blind and have problems identifying true colours. Would I be correct in saying that the roof, front window frames and bonnet are painted the same colour of grey that is the same as the bodysides? I assume that the grilles on the side are black?

Thanks for any help

Hi all,

I'm looking to re-spray a couple of class 37 into Dutch livery. I'm a little colour-blind and have problems identifying true colours. Would I be correct in saying that the roof, front window frames and bonnet are painted the same colour of grey that is the same as the bodysides? I assume that the grilles on the side are black?

Thanks for any help

You might get better response in the painting section or the help section.

According to the fox transfers livery guide the grey sides and roof are the same colour.

I'm not home so I can't look at my Bachmann 035/043 but personally Im not convinced they are

Window frames are black

Edit - looking online the Bachmann 035 seems to gave a slightly lighter roof whereas 254 has a similar to body side.

More info needed I think

Edited by rob D2

Hi all,

I'm looking to re-spray a couple of class 37 into Dutch livery. I'm a little colour-blind and have problems identifying true colours. Would I be correct in saying that the roof, front window frames and bonnet are painted the same colour of grey that is the same as the bodysides? I assume that the grilles on the side are black?

Thanks for any help

Colours used for Dutch livery:

Main body and roof - BR Railfreight Grey  (Phoenix Precision P182) or Railmatch Paints 226

Around Cab windows doors and bonnet tops - Black

Grilles - BR Exec Dark Grey  (Phoenix Precision Paints P147) or Railmatch Paints 201

Nose Ends and body side band - Warning Panel Yellow (Phoenix P148)

HTH

Ken

post-2215-0-31608800-1491824722_thumb.jpg

Edited by tractor_37260
  • Like 2

Colours used for Dutch livery:

Main body and roof - BR Railfreight Grey  (Phoenix Precision P182) or Railmatch Paints 226

Around Cab windows doors and bonnet tops - Black

Grilles - BR Exec Dark Grey  (Phoenix Precision Paints P147) or Railmatch Paints 201

Nose Ends and body side band - Warning Panel Yellow (Phoenix P148)

HTH

Ken

Nice tractor ken !

Me too. The Transrail branding does sit rather well on "Dutch" livery, oh yes.

As an aside, anyone else of the opinion Transrail seems to be the shadow privatisation livery sadly lacking from the manufacturers?

More Mainline than you can shake a stick at and Load Haul seems to be fairly well represented but the BigT...notsomuch. No lack of prototypes, Cl.58 excepted, natch.

C6T.

Me too. The Transrail branding does sit rather well on "Dutch" livery, oh yes.

As an aside, anyone else of the opinion Transrail seems to be the shadow privatisation livery sadly lacking from the manufacturers?

More Mainline than you can shake a stick at and Load Haul seems to be fairly well represented but the BigT...notsomuch. No lack of prototypes, Cl.58 excepted, natch.

C6T.

To be fair, Transrail livery was less significantly different to the trainload freight liveries than Mainline and Loadhaul. The manufacturers could take the view that it would be an easy conversion to replace the sector logo with a BigT so perhaps less demand than if the livery was completely different.

Similarly the Loadhaul grey version hasn't been seen anywhere as far as I know. The orange and black has been on Class 56, 60 and the 37 pair of limited editions. The Mainline Grey has been on a Class 58, 60 and I think 33?

The only Transrail models to current standards I can think of have been the Bachmann 37s (37/4 and 37/7) and Hornby sound Class 60

Did Hornby not produce a few of the earlier Class 56 models in transrail and dutch transrail before they brought out the Super Detailed version?

Have we perhaps been unlucky that the prototype classes it would have been seen on are of the manufacturers that are less prolific with bringing out models in all the liveries at once?

Lima's venerable Tug was available in Load Haul grey Gordon, 60050 Roseberry Topping was it? And yes, the Palitoy tooled 56 was available in probably every livery they've carried, even if the tooling didn't match the prototype build.

Bachmann's BigT was 376XX(?) making it a 37/5 to be pedantic.

It could of course be a matter of licencing fees perhaps, but on the face of it, I fail to see how a triple grey loco with Mainline rolling wheels logo's would be perceived to be more likely to shift than an unbranded, sector or Transrail shod model. Although I concur with Gordon that it's easier to add branding to a model than it is taking off so Grey Mainline is a good starting point.

The full fat Mainline Blue and Load Haul Black & Orange will always be popular of course.

I think it's Hornby's 31 that's probably the most underutilised paint recipient if you disregard the kaleidoscope of liveries Cl.47 has carried.

I'm just rambling of course and in my specific case, the colours on my Hornby Richard Trevithick Grids is so poor a full repaint will be necessary anyway, one to go into Metals 56043 and t'other to become 56038 Western Mail in Transrail.

Ho hum, C6T.

Edited by Classsix T

Lima's venerable Tug was available in Load Haul grey Gordon, 60050 Roseberry Topping was it? And yes, the Palitoy tooled 56 was available in probably every livery they've carried, even if the tooling didn't match the prototype build.

Bachmann's BigT was 376XX(?) making it a 37/5 to be pedantic.

It could of course be a matter of licencing fees perhaps, but on the face of it, I fail to see how a triple grey loco with Mainline rolling wheels logo's would be perceived to be more likely to shift than an unbranded, sector or Transrail shod model. Although I concur with Gordon that it's easier to add branding to a model than it is taking off so Grey Mainline is a good starting point.

The full fat Mainline Blue and Load Haul Black & Orange will always be popular of course.

I think it's Hornby's 31 that's probably the most underutilised paint recipient if you disregard the kaleidoscope of liveries Cl.47 has carried.

I'm just rambling of course and in my specific case, the colours on my Hornby Richard Trevithick Grids is so poor a full repaint will be necessary anyway, one to go into Metals 56043 and t'other to become 56038 Western Mail in Transrail.

Ho hum, C6T.

ah I wasn't thinking that far back, yes I vaguely remember the Lima Loadhaul 60

There might have been more 37s then. I was thinking of 37412 limited edition for Geoffrey Allison

http://www.hattons.co.uk/63502/Bachmann_Branchline_32_375W_Class_37_4_37412_Driver_John_Elliot_in_Transrail_Triple_Grey_Livery_Limited_Edi/StockDetail.aspx

and the Rail Exclusives one in the set with the Mainline Blue 37 too - 37702

http://www.railexclusive.com/index.php?category=11

I was forgetting the 37672 one that you must be remembering. Did ViTrains ever make many (again they would be 37s)? 37430?

agreed about the Hornby 31s ... a big open goal that is just asking for a stream of re-liveries to be produced.

I'd be surprising if the licencing fee for Transrail livery was any different to Mainline and Loadhaul given that they were all taken over by EWS

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone confirm what type of ESU v4 is installed within this loco, is it the ESU v4 Select or the full fat v4 that can be re-blown if required?

According to this list it has a V4.0 not a Select - however worth reading some of the comments also.................

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/83830-Bachmann-diesel-sound-locomotives-loksound-chip-versions/

Edited by tractor_37260