Farish progress on 2013/2014 models - link to pictures

oreamnos

I had a look around this board see if anyone else had posted about this.  I found nothing, but my apologies if this post is duplicative and old news.

Model Rail have posted pictures dated March 10 of some of Farish's previously announced new releases: painted J39, 2-6-4T, Duchess, painted Cl 55, Cl 37/4, painted Cl 70 and painted Mk IIs.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151359966658207.1073741825.176420418206&type=3

Matt

That duchess looks sensational!

Paul A.

It does rather.  Given my own layout hardly justifies them, my thinking was to "make do" with my current maroon and green specimins from the 1980s.

now I fear I may have to buy City of Coventry at least.  I only ever saw one Duchess in service and that was it.  August 1962 at Euston.  It had been cleaned recently and started the 14 coach Lakes Express up Camden Bank with no trace of slipping.  glorious.

I even have a rather blurred photo - taken on Dad's old size 116 reel camera.

• RMweb Gold

Seen at Alexandra Palace today:

Duchess and Fairburn tank, both of which look superb even in EP form!

post-1467-0-31848200-1364053065_thumb.jpg

post-1467-0-01534700-1364053286_thumb.jpg

post-1467-0-84664700-1364053567_thumb.jpg

And painted J39 samples, again looking very nice.

post-1467-0-20933500-1364053356_thumb.jpg

Noticeable by their absence were the painted Deltic samples.

The Bulleid coache EP was also on display and looks great too:

post-1467-0-80403600-1364053527_thumb.jpg

Tom.

Just noticed today a Maunsell Class N proposed by Farish but unfortunately no photos shown above. I guess it will be a long time coming! Just as well all my 2mm class N etches sold out quite some time ago (just a few chassis etches left over but presumably unsuitable for N scale. Also got some Wainwright class C's left which I will ask the 2MM Newsletter to advertise asap - together with early Birdcage sets and push-pulls)

Who will address a replacement chassis? Nigel or Chris?!! ...and the Fairburn will also need one.

Things continually looking up for modellers of the Southern.

• RMweb Premium

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Tom.

Very disappointed at the lack of Deltics at Ally Pally too. Had a moan to the Bachmann staff but nobody seemed to care or offer an explanation.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Tom.

Crepello, these guys must get pretty blase about some of the enquiries they get at shows. I guess that after a while they tend to be rather blank and switch off.

Often it depends on how the approach is made also. Of course maybe they had no idea in any case.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know whether the forthcoming 57/3s will have the Dellner couplers (as they should with DRS and Network Rail livery)? All Farish 57/3 and 57/6 models to date have (correctly for the liveries and eras portrayed) had flush fronts.

Thanks

I believe they're in the production process at the moment so I'd say it's a reasonable bet they'll be here on time.

attachicon.gif2MT_2.jpg

Good, as my 1970s Minitrix version has just given up the ghost...

I also have a 2MT 2-6-2T (same vintage) and it's still running like a sewing machine... and a 9F that runs but the drivers keep slipping out of sync.

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Does anyone know whether the forthcoming 57/3s will have the Dellner couplers (as they should with DRS and Network Rail livery)? All Farish 57/3 and 57/6 models to date have (correctly for the liveries and eras portrayed) had flush fronts.

According to the latest Model Rail, the 57s are being retooled with all the new front-end gubbins.

Speaking to the chaps on the Bachmann stand at the NGS AGM exhibition today, anyone interested in the Bulleid coaches (2nd (final?) EP of Brake and Compo were on display) they should be available (Bachmann ship date to stores) at the end of October. Apparently they have anticipated the requirement for 2x Brake to each Compo. - presumably this means they have ordered quantities to suit.

Dapol guy indicated the Grampus wagons in Red and Black will be shipped at the end of this month but the Civil Eng. Grey/Yellow livery are a couple of months down the line.

Speaking to the chaps on the Bachmann stand at the NGS AGM exhibition today, anyone interested in the Bulleid coaches (2nd (final?) EP of Brake and Compo were on display) they should be available (Bachmann ship date to stores) at the end of October. Apparently they have anticipated the requirement for 2x Brake to each Compo. - presumably this means they have ordered quantities to suit.

Logically, they should do two different numbered versions of the brakes to allow people to produce sets without duplicate numbers.

Douglas

Logically, they should do two different numbered versions of the brakes to allow people to produce sets without duplicate numbers.

Douglas

That would make a lot of sense, I have purchased two identical brake coaches to get a rake with brake vehicles at each end. While you can't see the running numbers at normal viewing distance it does bug me slightly because I know they're there. At some point I'll have to give renumbering a go; but the latest models look so good I'm a bit frightened that I'd end up spoiling one.

I do have plans to buy two Bulleid brake coaches, it is nice to know that my buying habits have been considered in the production run.

Archived