Farish progress on 2013/2014 models - link to pictures

oreamnos

• RMweb Gold

Hi Matt,

Because the centre wheel is a different diameter, it would have required careful gearing to mesh correctly with the rest of the drive train. And in N Bo-Bo locos have plenty of haulage if they're a decent weight. Remember too that a 31 is only a type 3, so prototypically wouldn't have the haulage power of, say, a 47 or a 66.

Cheers

Ben A.

• RMweb Premium

Remember too that a 31 is only a type 3, so prototypically wouldn't have the haulage power of, say, a 47 or a 66.

That's Type 2 in our English pounds, Ben (early experiments aside), and not particularly light either.  I don't recall them as more than plodders though my later experience was with 31/4s further burdened with ETH which could really struggle at times, even in East Anglia.

Nevertheless an extremely welcome model of a key ER type and looking very good.  Green and blue are of course the correct colours, though the corporate graffiti artists later got at them with very mixed results.

• RMweb Gold

I think BR did try to hold true to the rule but found some number ranges were over-subscribed, hence the Type 4 Class 50, 52 and 53, as well as the type 2 31.

Probably more of a guideline than a rule :)

• 1 month later...

As seen on the Farish stand at TINGS - according to the Farish guy standing next to the stand apparently they won't be in shops until June/July 2014 :(  :

attachicon.gifCAM00027a.jpg

BTK(SO) / TO

attachicon.gifCAM00028a.jpg

TK / CK (Blood/custard) - CK / TK (Green)

According today's MREmag's Latest News. all versions are on the boat, and heading this way.

As seen on the Farish stand at TINGS - according to the Farish guy standing next to the stand apparently they won't be in shops until June/July 2014 :(  :

attachicon.gifCAM00027a.jpg

BTK(SO) / TO

attachicon.gifCAM00028a.jpg

TK / CK (Blood/custard) - CK / TK (Green)

According today's MREmag's Latest News. all versions are on the boat, and heading this way.

Which then begs the question 'How *long* does it take to get to the UK on the slow boat from China?'

standard container shipping from china is only 35 days

.....though a friend who schedules shipping says that can be extended by up to 100% in the event of-

severe weather slowing the ships down and-

something very lucrative adding an extra stop.

All the very best

les

• 4 months later...

Anyone know when the LL class 37/4 is due out?...can't think why I would like one...

My layout requires several

I've been waiting patiently for nearly two years now, since this appeared on the Farish stand

I recently asked at C&M Models when collecting my Dapol ScotRail sets, and should be available in the second half of this year along with the ScotRail Class 47/7

• RMweb Gold

My layout requires several

I've been waiting patiently for nearly two years now, since this appeared on the Farish stand

Thanks for the update - yes, I too had one on pre-order with Hattons for over a year but I cancelled to try and force a few cut backs...might have to review this once it appears ;)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I very much doubt that we will see two 25kv electric locos announced in July, in fact based on popularity of electrics generally I'd be totally surprised if we see any.

Class 40 would seem nailed on though.

Doubtless all the predictions in this thread will turn out to be wrong saying all that and the three "newly tooled items" everyone is waiting so keenly to find the identities of will turn out to be nothing more than some Scalescenes buildings!!

Roy

i dont think you need a particularly meteoric IQ to suggest the slim likelihood of seeing 3 newly tooled electrics from farish ;)

if there was even one i would guess the class 85 is the one that would get the n gauge treatment......still we could have an all new n gauge class 87 on our hands. would run nice with the imminent mk2 aircons.

Guest bri.s

Anyone any idea when the class 31 will hit the shelves ,seams ages ago since I saw the in painted version in a magazine .

Thanks

Brian

Archived