"Ivor the engine" comes of age, in 7mm, by OzzyO & friends.

ozzyo

Hello all,

I will say a big thank you to all of you that knew what I was building, for not saying anything. Well done to all.

Also well done to those that guessed that it was "Ivor" and may I say that I'm sorry for not telling you that you were correct at the time.

Thanks for all the nice words about the build, but the thing is. It's all down to how well that Pete has drawn the etches. No G/A or any thing like that to work from.

OzzyO.

• RMweb Gold

I seem to have spent quite some time keeping "shtum" (almost) for Pete recently having been involved in both this and the OO gauge Harsco Rail Grinder that was launched in Model Rail 181.

Got to say I can't wait to get to grips with this little loco, should be great on Fourgig East as long as it does not foul the loading gauge too much :lol:

I think this needs a sound chip!

"Pish-ti-kuf" played at variable speeds should be simple. :jester:

... so long as there are three function keys for the calliope pipes from the steam organ on Mr. Morgan's roundabout. Ivor should be able to sing with the choir.

That's great, I can do a set perhaps, with the teapot and they would be cast in polyurethane resin. Could you just confirm the height of the cab side please from floor to where the half arch starts. Love the model!

Matt

Also well done to those that guessed that it was "Ivor" and may I say that I'm sorry for not telling you that you were correct at the time.

Ha, it seems that my mention of 'Percy' wasn't as daft as it was originally intended to be!

I'll be watching this with interest, having been a big 'Ivor' fan as a small child.

Edit - I just remembered that I've got this photo of an S7 one, taken a couple of years ago:

post-6668-0-01388900-1366144534_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Breaking News, Ivor has been found.

Late last week Ivor the engine (from now on known as "Ivor") was abducted from his engine shed by a group of people. The last known photo of Ivor before the abduction.

post-8920-0-83332900-1367414632_thumb.jpg

Due to some tip off's the police found him, the abuse that he had suffered is so bad that the police are going to show what can happen to young and friendly engines.

Jones the steam was interviewed at the engine shed over a nice cup of tea, and he had this to say "I don't know how people can do this to such a nice engine, all he wanted to do was help people. 

Another person who only wants to be know as The Choirmaster, was saying I hope he gets his pipes back .

But the most disturbing story come from a person that does not want to be named has said the following. He has baby sat my wife's egg for us, we were lucky that we had picked up our little one a few hours before.

It's reported that Ivor is now having a holiday in South Wales with his uncle Die, this man had a home for old engine's near the sea side, he did not want to comment about Ivor.

The Merioneth, police have now issued this update, that the gang maybe known to people in the railway world, Ozzy " the solder is the most dangerous one as he maybe armed (a 40 watt Weller), Pete the Putter is the master mined behind all of this, the police have said, (it is alleged that he will just pick on any engine and have a go at it). 

Back to the real world. Ivor after a grit blast.

post-8920-0-28327600-1367414682_thumb.jpg

post-8920-0-83532900-1367414709_thumb.jpg

post-8920-0-08692700-1367414733_thumb.jpg

post-8920-0-60473900-1367414756_thumb.jpg

Then he had a bath.

post-8920-0-74167000-1367414783_thumb.jpg

post-8920-0-66844200-1367414811_thumb.jpg

post-8920-0-03036800-1367414834_thumb.jpg

post-8920-0-39548700-1367414655_thumb.jpg

OzzyO.

Archived