WIGAN EXHIBITION June 15th & 16th 2013

Eaton

Another photograph which we thought was 'Felton Lane Goods' which we posted earlier and have since deleted as much to our embarrassment it isn't. We are now given to wondering which layout is it?

post-1648-0-94854000-1370352607_thumb.jpg

I have been asked by our Administration Manager (Samantha) to draw everyone's attention to the fact that FRIDAY 7th JUNE will be the last date for the receipt of requests for ADVANCE TICKETS.

There is still time if you get a move on!

Booked advance ticket for what looks like a really good show.

My last visit was one of the winter shows,so it will be interesting to the compare the difference.

Does anyone know a decent pub close to the venue; where I can get a meal/drink ?

Someone mentioned the Tudor House Hotel but it means going back into the town centre.

The RedRobin/Robin Hood pub was also mentioned. Does anyone know if  this place is any good ?

Cheers

Mac.

Booked advance ticket for what looks like a really good show.

My last visit was one of the winter shows,so it will be interesting to the compare the difference.

Does anyone know a decent pub close to the venue; where I can get a meal/drink ?

Someone mentioned the Tudor House Hotel but it means going back into the town centre.

The RedRobin/Robin Hood pub was also mentioned. Does anyone know if  this place is any good ?

Cheers

Mac.

The Red Robin is fine, typical pub grub and just round the corner. However if you are expecting human pyramids you may have to wait until the Warriors play Saints.

As to the difference between the winter and summer exhibition I can sum that up in one word, SNOW.

I'll pop a couple of snow shovels in the van then... :no:

Pie shovels may be a tad more accurate.  Looking forward to another good weekend operating Eskmuir, and maybe just the opportunity to do some extraction of the michael.

• RMweb Gold

A productive day getting Holcombe Brook & Tottington ready for the exhibition. Last weekend I started to completly rebuild one of the points on the Tottington section which had been probelmatic, I replaced the steel rail with nickel silver and learnt how to be patient putting on individual chairs and sticking them to wooden sleepers and today I completed the weathering of the point.

We will be trying out a new approach to a traditional method of communication using DCC at the Exhibition - all will be revealed on Saturday!

Looking forward to the weekend.

Peter

We will be trying out a new approach to a traditional method of communication using DCC at the Exhibition - all will be revealed on Saturday!

Looking forward to the weekend.

Peter

Sounds intriguing, does it get over the problem of "what engine number is the next one out"?

• RMweb Premium

Tin cans and string? :jester:   

Cheers,

Mick

Last Sunday our Exhibition Manager and I, in glorious sunshine, put up the road signs and as yet they are still in place.

So if you are travelling to the exhibition by car, you need to follow the BROWN SIGNS for ROBIN PARK. These are in place on all the routes into Wigan. As you near Robin Park (within sight of the DW Stadium) look out for the WHITE SIGNS with a little train on them and follow them to the Exhibition.

As you turn at the Traffic Lights by the Cinema and the Red Robin Pub you will pass Car Parks on your left which as there are no rugby or football matches over the exhibition weekend should be free. There is also Car Parking in front of the exhibition hall and across the road but these do tend to fill up pretty quickly.

If you are travelling by other means full details can be found on our website at www.wiganfrm.org.uk

Another photograph of a layout at Wigan this weekend. 'Shallowford Park' features stock from the Southern Railway in the 1930's. It is brought to Wigan by its builder Walter Pullman and his team.

post-1648-0-31124100-1371130122_thumb.jpg

The photograph is by Nigel Tregoning.

Unfortunately, due to a family bereavement Ray Clarke has had to withdraw his layout 'Little Arrow'.

Better leave that extension lead behind they are banned by the sports centre....

So string and tins cans for control AND for power transfer? Should be an interesting weekend.....

Caley439 is off to get the van for Eskmuir now and leaving me to do the sunshine dance as this corner of the Pennines is swathed in black cloud, mist and rain at the minute :-(

Just about to leave a wet Cumbria for the journey South to Wigan.  Looking forward to a great weekend with the N Gauge Society Northern Mini Stand.  Sadly John, my normal sidekick, has been seriously ill and cannot make it this year so I will be travelling alone.  Thankfully he is on the mend and thanks everyone in the NGS & railway modelling fraternity for their kind thoughts.

I'll be operating the micro layout Hartley and demonstrating that shunting IS possible in N Gauge.  Richard Bardsley will also be demonstrating N Gauge kit building so please come along and say hello.  We're willing to discuss modelling problems in any scale and the layout runs with either DCC or Analogue.

Pete Chesher, N Gauge Society.

The move to June has worked in the sense that there was no snow but it hasn't stopped it raining. It has been a little wet here in the North West.

However the show it ready for tomorrow morning. The photo shows the setting up in the largest of the three halls

post-1648-0-47531100-1371239283_thumb.jpg

Things are progressing in Hall 2 with 'Dorehill St.Stevens' right in the centre.

post-1648-0-22323600-1371239311_thumb.jpg

Here is 'Allendenac' in mid construction showing the impressive bridge. Putting it together is something of a 3D

Jig-saw Puzzle.

post-1648-0-94673500-1371239336_thumb.jpg

Finally one of my favourite layouts, 'Clutton'. I intend to be leaning on the barrier first thing tomorrow morning, with any luck.

post-1648-0-38399600-1371239377_thumb.jpg

Archived