Level crossing stupidity...

As in sending the perpetrator a stiff letter, assuming that they can actually identify the person concerned?

Jim

This is being discussed elsewhere apparently he is well known

post-2616-0-54100400-1532327567_thumb.jpg

Edited by 101

Just to show that not all users of level crossings are stupid:

I wonder how long they waited.

Apologies if it's been on here before.

PS: What a fabulous location!

A bit difficult weaving around those barriers...

...and the perils of a non-ventilated tunnel exposed...

• RMweb Gold

Why couldn't his son look at the platform opposite, which wouldn't have involved having his head hanging over the edge. Not sure what the line speed through Trowbridge is but a non-stop working would be pretty close before it was heard and if his son slipped while trying to get up ...

Why couldn't his son look at the platform opposite, which wouldn't have involved having his head hanging over the edge. Not sure what the line speed through Trowbridge is but a non-stop working would be pretty close before it was heard and if his son slipped while trying to get up ...

The speed is 50, and in that direction (down) the station is approached through a curving/bridged cutting and the view from the drivers seat - and the platform - is restricted until the train is almost in the platform. Not a clever place to be messing around

• RMweb Premium

Not a level crossing but it still involves passing the barriers. And a cyclist to boot!

Something odd there. As the barriers on the near side come down, I can't see any sign of barriers moving on the far side (or indeed of upright barriers not moving).

Then there is a cut, the bridge is partly raised, and there are barriers down on both sides on the far side.

It's stuff like this which makes my blood boil, the bizarre mix of ignorance and arrogance from a so called adult, and a parent at that. Thinking you know what the time the next train is 'due' is laughable, anything could have come along there at line speed, timetabled or otherwise. The 'I know best' attitude needs addressing somehow - and I only wish I knew how.

I know I've mentioned this several times before on RMWeb, but there seems to be a certain breed of supposedly educated, fully employed idiot who thinks it's perfectly fine to stand as close to the platform edge as possible when I'm passing through at 60mph with thousands of tons of heavy metal in tow - I've had occasions where I've given them several blast on the horn as I approach only to be given the one fingered salute in reply. Ludicrous isn't it?

Edited by Rugd1022

Just to show that not all users of level crossings are stupid:

I wonder how long they waited.

Apologies if it's been on here before.

PS: What a fabulous location!

Now if one saw that location modelled one would be grumbling about the unlikelihood of such a cliched scene: tunnel mouth, level crossing, bridge...

Now thinking about how to replicate the steam and smoke billowing out of the tunnel mouth!

Here it is on Google Streetview.

Just under 2km along the SP456 towards Ovada the line emerges from the north end of the same tunnel as in the video, goes over a level crossing, then over a masonry bridge over the same river, then back in to another tunnel - all in the space of  about 200m*.  In fact, looking at the line from Acqui Terme to Genova on the map, it almost seems to spend more time in tunnels than in the open!   For the sake of those on board the train, I'd hope that most of the other tunnels are rather better ventilated than the one in the video (which is only about half a mile long) seems to have been.

* So roughly 3m in OO (or 2.6m in HO).

Edited by ejstubbs
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Something odd there. As the barriers on the near side come down, I can't see any sign of barriers moving on the far side (or indeed of upright barriers not moving).

Look more closely.

Just before the cut the far barriers start to drop, at the same time of the LH nearest barrier

Keith

Edited by melmerby

It's stuff like this which makes my blood boil, the bizarre mix of ignorance and arrogance from a so called adult, and a parent at that. Thinking you know what the time the next train is 'due' is laughable, anything could have come along there at line speed, timetabled or otherwise. The 'I know best' attitude needs addressing somehow - and I only wish I knew how.

I know I've mentioned this several times before on RMWeb, but there seems to be a certain breed of supposedly educated, fully employed idiot who thinks it's perfectly fine to stand as close to the platform edge as possible when I'm passing through at 60mph with thousands of tons of heavy metal in tow - I've had occasions where I've given them several blast on the horn as I approach only to be given the one fingered salute in reply. Ludicrous isn't it?

I can think of one solution... though probably wouldn't go down too well... :jester:

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

I can think of one solution... though probably wouldn't go down too well... :jester:

That's a good idea.

Have a boot on the end of a shaft and when some t*sser is too close to the train, swing it out and give him a good punt up the ass.

Keith

Edited by melmerby
  • Like 2

The speed is 50, and in that direction (down) the station is approached through a curving/bridged cutting and the view from the drivers seat - and the platform - is restricted until the train is almost in the platform. Not a clever place to be messing around

The train would also be coasting after braking for the 50 so unlikely to be heard until it clears the bridge.

Even more unbelievable he's still defending his actions and insisting the boy wasn't in danger. Even if it was a location with good visability and no immediate danger, what sort of leason's that for the lad in future, that it's ok to mess around on railways as long as you're watching what you're doing or have someone doing so? Really needs brought to book over this.

Meaning, just as he was warned of....

as posted here... http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/135801-record-number-of-under-18s-trespassing/page-3 post #74

• RMweb Premium

Sorry , wrong gender for that . It was a woman , though where she thought she was going is

anyone's guess .     :no:

Odd

Not as if she was trying to "leap" across the gap on her bike, just seemed to steer into the gap.

Keith