Level crossing stupidity...

• RMweb Premium

Sorry folks. Boxbrownie it's a Mk7 Golf and yes it does. If anything it's slightly over keen (going through shaded areas for instance). Overall it works well. I've never had to turn them on manually. This is my third Golf with them and they've all been the same. The auto wipers are not as good, though.

But it does have the “off” position though surely? Our Audi uses the same switch gear and has off and auto......odd if it’s different.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Don't know whether this has been on before (My old grey cells don't remember much these days :jester: )

Another white van numpty:

Keith

Careful...you'll have the thread police on you for going off-topic like that...

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

A good attempt Keith.

Looks like the van went

the same way as the thread,

knocked off track

The idiot tried a long way around the closed crossing and came unstuck!

Bit puzzled at what exactly was going on.

The other vehicles are from CSX and the crossing is coned off.

Keith

Edited by melmerby

• RMweb Premium

It's not just cars with DRLs who forget to turn their main lights on at night, plenty without do as well... If you are on a well lit road and don't look at your dials...

I have done precisely this sort of thing (not turning them on or only putting on the sidelights) more than once and not noticing till I get onto the unlit section of the A23 at Handcross. Never had a problem remembering to turn them on in my previous car which did not come with DRLs

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

But it does have the “off” position though surely? Our Audi uses the same switch gear and has off and auto......odd if it’s different.

My Audi and previous VW Golf had an off position. On the Audi, with the switch in the off position, if the car decides I need lights it turns the dash lighting off and the instruments become virtually invisible.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

My Audi and previous VW Golf had an off position. On the Audi, with the switch in the off position, if the car decides I need lights it turns the dash lighting off and the instruments become virtually invisible.

Ah! But that's clever German engineering, it knows best! :jester:

Keith

• RMweb Premium

Having made one mistake and then would prefer to risk a train crash rather than driving through the lowered barrier.

Not defending the idiot at all but to be fair it was a Tram line and the Tram was stationary waiting for the to move out of the way, I hope the poor patient inside was not aware!

• RMweb Premium

Not defending the idiot at all but to be fair it was a Tram line and the Tram was stationary waiting for the ###### to move out of the way, I hope the poor patient inside was not aware!

Rather a lot of protection for a tram line?

This sort of thing suffices in the UK:

https://goo.gl/maps/bRcQUKcxkaU2

Keith

• RMweb Gold

Not defending the idiot at all but to be fair it was a Tram line and the Tram was stationary waiting for the ###### to move out of the way, I hope the poor patient inside was not aware!

Point (not taken - See edit note below) in this particular case. He was in a hurry with his blue lights so why not speed things up by going through the barrier then paying for it later.

My post however was a general comment on many cctv clips shown where the same thing happens on a heavy rail route and a fast train approaching.

Edit: Subsequent posts indicate this was indeed a train so my post still stands.

Edited by Colin_McLeod

• RMweb Premium

Well it’s a Tram that proceeds past once the ambulance has cleared the track.......

Complete with buffers and couplings. :scratchhead:

I think it may be in Bangalore (Bengalaru) or somewhere else in Karnataka, If so AFAIK they don't have any tram systems.

Keith