Level crossing stupidity...

• RMweb Premium

Complete with buffers and couplings. :scratchhead:

I think it may be in Bangalore (Bengalaru) or somewhere else in Karnataka, If so AFAIK they don't have any tram systems.

Keith

Not anywhere on the Indian sub-continent, drive on the right applies.

• RMweb Premium

Looks like it might be a private ambulance type of thing - so perhaps not professionally trained driver? In other words another total numpty and something I would hope never to see from, say, an NHS ambo driver?

I've only come across 'private ambulance' as a euphemism on undertakers' vans. These don't generally require blue lights.

• RMweb Premium

Looks like it might be a private ambulance type of thing - so perhaps not professionally trained driver? In other words another total numpty and something I would hope never to see from, say, an NHS ambo driver?

The driver made a horrible job of attempting to reverse the thing. Panic mode set in?

• RMweb Premium

I've only come across 'private ambulance' as a euphemism on undertakers' vans. These don't generally require blue lights.

In Australia, we do have patient transport ambulances, which are primarily intended to move patients around between hospitals and medical appointments. They aren't fully equipped, but they do have a full set of lights and sirens. I believe they can be called upon to assist in emergencies.

https://www.ambulance.vic.gov.au/about-us/our-services/non-emergency-patient-transport/

Ambulances are NOT a free service under our Medicare system (equivalent to NHS more or less), except for road accidents, those on a pension and unemployed. Costs are very expensive.

I see Bucoops has posted a similar thing in the UK.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Not anywhere on the Indian sub-continent, drive on the right applies.

Thailand?

The only countries in the region who drive on the right are Myanma (Burma), Cambodia, Laos and Vietnam. I suspect its either Tiawan or South Korea or possibly the Phillipines.

Two very lucky car drivers in Illinois:

https://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2018/12/28/officer-misses-train-dashcam-newday-vpx.cnn

I've just watched that again, and realised they are very, very lucky! The barriers don't start to come down till half the train is over the crossing.

Update on this one - CBS Chicago has a facebook post with the in-train footage, at least 3 trains passed over the crossing during the period the gates were malfunctioning, from what I can see the above footage was the third train to approach. The first pass was just as lucky not to result in fatalities as the third one was.

https://www.facebook.com/cbschicago/videos/vb.27510768337/246651849567390/?type=2&theater

• RMweb Premium

Bloody hell!

Poor guy who stepped in to help nearly didn’t get out of that one in one piece, had it been right hand drive I think it would have been game over

Personally, I think the good Samaritan was the biggest fool. There comes a point where a car just isn't worth saving, especially as presumably not his!

Luckily the train had almost stopped.

• RMweb Premium

Update on this one - CBS Chicago has a facebook post with the in-train footage, at least 3 trains passed over the crossing during the period the gates were malfunctioning, from what I can see the above footage was the third train to approach. The first pass was just as lucky not to result in fatalities as the third one was.

https://www.facebook.com/cbschicago/videos/vb.27510768337/246651849567390/?type=2&theater

That's unbelievable that they'd let the crossing stay open. The trains are about 40 minutes apart. Plenty of time to alert the relevant authorities, in a so called civilised country.

That's unbelievable that they'd let the crossing stay open. The trains are about 40 minutes apart. Plenty of time to alert the relevant authorities, in a so called civilised country.

Certainly some serious cock-up somewhere.

My supposition is that train 1 has the first serious near miss and calls it in.

Train 2 cautioned, approaches slower, the gates activate as the engineer would expect and he accelerates, only to have to put it into emergency when the gates go up in his face.

Train 3 either doesn't told about the crossing issue, or doesn't react to that message.

The only countries in the region who drive on the right are Myanma (Burma), Cambodia, Laos and Vietnam. I suspect its either Tiawan or South Korea or possibly the Phillipines.

It's not Taiwan or South Korea.

'Ambulans' is I guess a bahasa word, so I thought about Indonesia but teh gauge is wrong.

How about Poland? 

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

'Ambulans' is I guess a bahasa word, so I thought about Indonesia but teh gauge is wrong.

How about Poland? 

Quite likely as ambulances in Poland carry similar colours to that in the clip. Indonesia also drives on the left.

How about Poland?

Most likely, the unit looks like an SA133 or SA134, built in Bydgoszcz. The Facebook account is in Kannada (language from India).
  • Like 1