Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

Why are railway modellers so clumsy?

The Magic Roundabout shown above is terrifyingly close, in Swindon.  First came across it in the 60s - there is NO warning and [as far as I can tell] no rules.  .........   which possibly makes it the safest roundabout in the world   .....   people have been known to exit with both eyeballs wrapped round the back of their neck   .....

.......  rather like a swimming pool full of 10ft sharks  .......   no-one drowns in one of those   .....    :no: :no:

It is actually a very clever piece of design once you get over the initial shock as traffic can circulate in both directions.

For instance if you want to go to Marlborough in the picture above, you turn right and then right, rather than  left, right , right, right and then left as you would on a conventional roundabout.

I prefer the one in Hemel Hempstead myself.

Andy

edit. Too many rights. Met myself coming back there. Looks like I'm taking the minutes

Oh   .....   My  .....  Goodness   ..............................   how on EARTH?      ...................     :O

.................    did the road planners get the roundabout approved     ...........................................................

It is actually a very clever piece of design once you get over the initial shock as traffic can circulate in both directions.

For instance if you want to go to Marlborough in the picture above, you turn right and then right, rather than  left, right , right, right and then left as you would on a conventional roundabout.

I prefer the one in Hemel Hempstead myself.

Andy

edit. Too many rights. Met myself coming back there. Looks like I'm taking the minutes

..........................     in the light of the whole area being occupied by Military and ex-military personnel    ...........................    :O   ...   :no:  :no:   ...   :nono:  :nono:

...  the only option is to accept the whole of Swindon Borough Council     ..................    wait for it    ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,    this is not pleasant   .......................   

to be elected as members of the Clumsy Club  ...   :O :o

• RMweb Premium

Thats what I was thinking, will we have to share it with the Pagans and Devil Worshipers? :girldevil: :devil: :fie:

Oh   .....   My  .....  Goodness   ..............................   how on EARTH?      ...................     :O

.................    did the road planners get the roundabout approved     ...........................................................

..........................     in the light of the whole area being occupied by Military and ex-military personnel    ...........................    :O   ...  :no:   ...    :nono:

...  the only option is to accept the whole of Swindon Borough Council     ..................    wait for it    ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,    this is not pleasant   .......................   

to be elected as members of the Clumsy Club  ...   :O :o

I rest my case.

Me and Mrs SM42 toss a coin (Hypothetically, as it would be silly in a moving car, get stuck under the brake pedal or something) sometimes to decide which way round we might go. Do we go the qiuck left and left or do we have a righty sort of feeling today

Of course more fun can be had if you do a U turn at the roundabout before the one with your exit. It's even more fun than it sounds as no-one expects a U turn in the middle of a roundabout.

So far, for a clumsy modeller, nothing to report at either location

Andy.

Here we go again   .............   yet another doomed attempt, by the Clumsy Club Membership   .......................     :O  :O

Leak soup in a bucket for AGM supper it is then!

Andy

.......................   what on earth is the point of putting soup in a bucket  .......   with a leak in it   ............    and NO mention of a straw and a blunt knife anywhere to be seen   ........   :no:

......................   whatever next   ...........   children sent to bed without nursery rhymes? .. as parents too busy crawling on the carpet to find Buffer Spring   .........   how will they ever learn the true nature of life??    :jester:

I didn't start it!

Someone mentioned needing a bucket for the leaks. Well draw your own conclusions. I did.

Anyway I like soup, Mrs Sm42 says I do and who am I to argue with an international woman of mystery.

Andy

children sent to bed without nursery rhymes? .. as parents too busy crawling on the carpet to find Buffer Spring   .........   how will they ever learn the true nature of life??    :jester:

What rank amateurs do that? My little boy is not allowed to go to bed until he's retrieved at least one Useful Lost Item from the maw of the Carpet Monster.

I didn't start it!

Someone mentioned needing a bucket for the leaks. Well draw your own conclusions. I did.

Guilty as charged, m'lud. Do you prefer pencils or crayons or those artistic coloured stick thingies whose name escapes me for drawing your conclusions?

I'll have you know that my conclusions are well crafted,  beautiful, artistic creations of a mind tormented by  buying replacement parts only to find the original with a bare foot 2 hours later and then having to visit A&E to have it removed from said foot.

Still could worse. Could be stuck in my ear

Andy

Limping a bit

I've got a feeling I know what happened to the club subs if that if that is under your carpet.

Actually I didn't know the club had any submarines but I can see why now.

Andy

Yes Mr SM42, the new waterproof onesey, is now in stock, wet look, pre 1964 bauxite only............

attachicon.gifonesey.jpg

Well, hello sailor!!

Is that the Victorian version of a gimp suit?

Whatever that is.................

Archived