Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

Why are railway modellers so clumsy?

Glad to see I'm not the only one who uses the cutting mat as a general work surface and ends up, either as in this case with the lines and numbers obscured, or as in my case, covered with blobs of glue so when you try to cut something it won't lie flat.

Oh thats what the lines are for!

• RMweb Premium

As all clumsy club members know, they are infact a positional aid for precisely aligning open bottles of mekpack, so that you can knock them over first time every time.

Not just mekpak.  They work equally well for bottles of liquid flux such as Bakers fluid that turn any steel within 3 feet to rust as soon as they have been duly knocked over. The knocking over usually coincides with opening new packs of Slater's wheels which then turn instantly brown.

Jamie

• 3 months later...

Today, I chipped my Bachmann MR Compound.
Unscrew the tender body, remove the blankin plug, insert the chip, put the body back on and done?

More like unscrew the tender body and the loco-tender coupler (the little nut is held by the screw only), do the chipping work and trying to screw the coupler back accompied by (even here) inappropriate language.

Removing the brake rodding, the front axle and the PCB, unplugging the connection between loco and tender and fixing the little nut with a sticky pad supplied with the chip and a piece of scrap plastic before reassembly finally did the trick.

Archived