Hi James

Loftus - my favourite sort of layout.

Haven't seen it yet but need to ! Any dates in the diary ?

Just concerns me that serious crime seems to follow you around......

; )

• Like 2

Very neat crisp work, stunning and inspirational  :sungum: forgive me for asking as this has most likely been covered and I have overlooked the answer but what track did you use? also what code is the third rail as this looks so life like  :O

Look forward to meeting Loftus road in the flesh in the future 

All the best Darren NSE DAZ

• Like 1

Very neat crisp work, stunning and inspirational  :sungum: forgive me for asking as this has most likely been covered and I have overlooked the answer but what track did you use? also what code is the third rail as this looks so life like  :O

Look forward to meeting Loftus road in the flesh in the future 

All the best Darren NSE DAZ

Hi Darren

The track is PECO code 75 and the 3rd rail is PECO IL-1 Code 60 Flat Bottom Rail on IL-120 Conductor Rail Chairs.

Thanks for your kind words

Regards

Pete

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Hi James!

An excellent layout!

Definently one of the best layouts I have seen!

How is the FCC 377 going?

The FCC 377's entering the Wells Green paintshop tomorrow, exciting stuff! Yellow going on first to be followed by the ludicrous pink later in the week!

Can't wait to get it off the workbench now, got so many special ideas for future Loftus Road stock going through the head right now! ;)

Cheers

James

• Like 2

Hi Darren

The track is PECO code 75 and the 3rd rail is PECO IL-1 Code 60 Flat Bottom Rail on IL-120 Conductor Rail Chairs.

Thanks for your kind words

Regards

Pete

Many thanks for that information, just shows what superb results you can achieve with "out of the box track" so to speak stunning, its all about the weathering detailing once the track is laid  :sungum:

The only reason I asked as I used the combination Peco code 75 concrete sleeper and code 60 flat bottom rail but had issues with the class 50 rubbing the third rail, I even sunk the third rail pots into the sleepers? I wonder if this is just the case with using concrete sleepers as you have the wooden variety  :senile:

Have you any issues with any stock fouling the third rail?

All the best Darren 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Many thanks for that information, just shows what superb results you can achieve with "out of the box track" so to speak stunning, its all about the weathering detailing once the track is laid  :sungum:

The only reason I asked as I used the combination Peco code 75 concrete sleeper and code 60 flat bottom rail but had issues with the class 50 rubbing the third rail, I even sunk the third rail pots into the sleepers? I wonder if this is just the case with using concrete sleepers as you have the wooden variety  :senile:

Have you any issues with any stock fouling the third rail?

All the best Darren 

Hi Darren,

Thanks, I know we've had some issues too - only very low-riding stock though such as some of the Freightliner container flats - believe those light blue Dapol flats had a problem but thankfully most of the stock is ok though!

The third-rail is to be given a planned re-fresh in the future so hopefully we can get the rails that little bit lower to accept all stock.

Bit of a pain though...you don't get this kind of problem with overhead electrification... :P   :D

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Very nice modelling James,

I'm sure the Cher Lloyd poster will be controversial with the modelling community! :)

(knowing that you are a secret Cher Lloyd fan!)

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Just to mention, for anyone who is interested in the layout and passing through Worthing this coming Sunday 5th May - Loftus Road is attending a mini-show Toy & Collectors fair held at the Charmandean Centre, Worthing, BN14 9HS, just next to the A27 - 10.30am -2pm.

http://www.srptoyfairs1.co.uk/fairs/2013/05/worthing-toy-fair/

It's a small affair, mainly traders selling secondhand model railways, model cars and other items but Loftus Road can be found in one corner!

I won't be there myself (RS'ing about at a Ford day at Beaulieu) but Pete and the gang will be putting on a very decent Sunday service!

Cheers

James

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...